Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Marketing jobs, Communications jobs,
Director, Kenyatta University TV & Radio
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN A FAST GROWING INSTITUTION
Kenyatta University seeks to recruit competent and dedicated applicants to fill up the following position:
- DIRECTOR, KENYATTA UNIVERSITY TV & RADIO – GRADE 15
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Reporting to the Vice –Chancellor, the Director, KU TV & Radio will manage and oversee all work activities at KU TV & Radio.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Perform all executive producer roles through planning, co-coordinating and controlling the production and operation of TV & Radio
- Managing, directing and evaluating the performance of a team of producers, programmers and designers to follow through the departmental strategy
- Initiation, formulation and implementation of TV and Radio Programme policies and interpretation of National Policies affecting Programmes.
- Develop and maintain attractive program schedules to ensure growth and sustainability of audience.
- Oversee the station’s budget by developing and implementing sales and marketing plans
- Planning, co-coordinating and controlling the production and operation of TV channels
- Consistent identification of communication solutions, needs and opportunities for the TV channels
- Proactively networking with local and international partners to provide a wide spectrum of beneficial working relationships to the University TV &Radio.
- Participating in high level presentation at Board and Management level and represent KU TV & Radio interests.
- Prepare periodic reports for management as may be requested from time to time.
A minimum of Masters Degree in TV Production, Communication, Radio Production or any other relevant media studies qualification from a registered and recognized institution with at least five (5) years working experience as a TV Director, Radio Director or Producer or any other comparable position in print or electronic media
A Masters Degree in any other area with a HND or Diploma in Media studies from a registered and recognized institution with five (5) years work experience in print or electronic media
- Well versed with relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Must be conversant with contemporary and future trends and dynamics of broadcast media industry
- High integrity and ability to work without close supervision
Additional Skills / Requirements:
- Critical Thinking
- Communication skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
The terms for the above position includes a two (2) year performance based renewable contract, a generous medical scheme, house allowance and commuting allowance.
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants and Referees should write directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
PO. BOX 43844 – 00100 NAIROBI
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than
11TH NOVEMBER 2021
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted