How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Kericho County Government Jobs
Kericho County Government Jobs in Kenya
County Government of Kericho
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, candidate should:
- be a Kenyan Citizen;
- hold a degree from a university recognized in Kenya (a Master’s degree or higher academic qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage);
- have at least five years experience in a leadership position or at a Senior Management level in the public service or private sector;
- possess adequate general knowledge of the organization and functions of Government
- demonstrate an understanding of the goals, policies and developmental objectives of the nation;
- have demonstrable leadership and management capacity including knowledge of financial management and strategic people management and
- Meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
- Ability to portray and uphold a positive National image;
- Be a visionary, result-oriented and strategic thinker;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Chief Officer shall be the Accounting and Authorized Officer in respect of exercise of delegated power and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member for:
- The administration of a county department as provided under section 45 of the County Governments Act (2012);
- Overseeing the management of Finance, preparation and submission of the Budget estimates, Annual plans, reports and programs;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans;
- Performance contracting and appraisal;
- Ensuring efficient and effective utilization of financial, human and other resources in the department and submitting regular reports required;
- Formulation and implementation of County programs to conform with Vision 2030 goals;
- Promotion of national values and principles of governance and the public service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
Terms of Service: Contract
Remuneration: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission guidelines
County Executive Committee Members
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To supervise the administration and delivery of services in the respective departments of the county government and all decentralized units and agencies in the county.
- Implement county legislation.
- Implement within the county, national legislation to the extent that legislation so requires.
- Manage and coordinate the functions of the county administration and its department.
- Provide the county assembly with the full and regular reports on matters relating to the county.
- Advise the governor on matters within his/her area of jurisdiction.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be in possession of first degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career of not less than ten years in the field relevant to the portfolio of the department of which the person is seeking to be considered.
- Understand the diversity, challenges and opportunities within the county
- Should not hold any other state or public office
- Be conversant with the constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws.
- Be a visionary and strategic thinker.
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government achieve her vision
Note: Applicants are required to get clearance from the following institutions to meet requirements of Chapter Six of The Constitution of Kenya:
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Criminal Investigation Department.
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of detailed curriculum vitae, Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Card or Passport and clearance certificates indicating the position applied for on top of the envelop and addressed to:
Office of the Governor
P.O Box 112-20200
Kericho County residents are required to indicate their Constituency and ward of Residence.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the Office of the Governor located at County Headquarters.
Applications should be received on or before Friday 8th September, 20 I 7.
NB: Kericho County is an equal opportunity employer non-dominant groups, persons with disabilities, youth and women are encouraged to apply