FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Internships in Kenya
- Duration of internship: 3 months with possible extension of further 3 months subject to performance.
- No of interns needed; 3
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role Background
The Feed the Future Kenya Investment Mechanism (KIM) Program is a five-year project (2018 – 2023) that is one of USAID’s “Market Systems Suite” projects that aims to increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya. The overall purpose of the KIM program is to create a sustainable, market-based ecosystem for finance and investment through mobilizing capital into the horticulture, dairy, livestock, and clean energy value chains (VCs), and facilitating an enabling environment conducive to investment. The focus is on strengthening Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) working in the following value chains: dairy, livestock, and horticulture (mango, passion fruit, avocado, banana, pineapple, sweet potato, and African leafy vegetables).
The KIM program will mobilize private capital into target VCs through innovative smart incentives and building partnerships with key actors that can deliver access to market, know-how, and technology to drive VC competitiveness. Concurrently, KIM will lead policy reform efforts focused on removing barriers inhibiting large-scale investment into the target sectors, therefore unlocking further finance. The two objectives of KIM will result in the project serving as an investment platform that mobilizes substantial capital from the public and private sectors and builds partnerships between stakeholders in the financial ecosystem, ultimately contributing to USAID’s overall goal of fostering broad-based, sustained, and inclusive economic growth in Kenya.
The KIM project will focus on businesses located in, or doing business in, the following target counties: Homa Bay, Migori, Kisii, Kisumu, Siaya, Kakamega, Bungoma, Busia, Vihiga, Kitui, Makueni, Taita Taveta, Isiolo, Marsabit, Turkana, Garissa and Wajir counties.
The KIM internship program offers recent graduates practical experience in business working environment and provide opportunity to build careers in financial sector. These positions are available in the KIM’s office based in Nairobi and is open to Kenyan Citizens below the age of 35 years and seeking to fulfill the experience requirement for respective job needs. For qualified, motivated applicants, these positions offer exposure to virtually all facets of data compilation, verification, entry, analysis, interpretation and accounting to ensure that appropriate and accurate data is collected for operational and contractual purposes.
- Effectively collect, compile, verify accuracy and sort data according to priorities and prepare source data for both operational and contractual obligations as guided by the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager,
- Review and verify data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check output,
- Enter data into database software and check to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted,
- Respond to information requests from authorized members.
Other Engagement terms
- The Interns will agree to operate under the values and ethics of the Palladium development and consultancy Ltd.
- A certificate of participation/recommendation will be issued by the Palladium development and consultancy ltd upon successful completion of the program.
- Completed a degree within the last 3 years from any of the following – Business administration, Commerce (Accounting & Finance), M&E, Banking, Statistics, CPA – K or related courses,
- Computer literacy and familiarity with various computer programs such as MS Office (experience with Microsoft excel required),
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail,
- Good communication presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel across counties in Western and Northern region of Kenya,
- Willing to work full time with tight deliverables and deadlines.
Click Here to Apply for the role
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview