Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Accounting jobs, Auditing jobs, Finance jobs,
Accounts & Admin Assistant
Accounts & Admin Assistant
This vacancy is open to Kenyan nationals
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or similar field
Demonstrated 1-2 years’ of relevant experience in a fast-paced environment
Knowledge of accounting, book-keeping and forecasting and operations management, and proficiency in MS-Office especially Excel
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili
Experience with QuickBooks accounting software
Laterite is looking for an Accounts & Admin Assistant who will provide support with managing our accounting and finance functions for the Kenya office.
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
Our network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda. The team brings together more than 60 full time local and international staff, as well as 1,000 enumerators across countries, in a dynamic work environment. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization. Learn more: www.laterite.com
Job description & key responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Finance and Accounts Associate, the role will perform the following:
• Perform monthly postings & reconciliations e.g., petty cash, bank, supplier and tax reconciliations using Quick Books
• Manage filing of all contracts, invoices and salary slips and other relevant documents
• Ensure compliance and timely filing of all taxation and other regulatory requirements (NSSF, PAYE, VAT & WHT)
• Review all field expenses including sitting with enumerators for reconciliation of budget with actual expenses as well preparing a project expense report for each batch of field expenses
• Process payments for any project related expenses and also supplier payments
• Ensure controls for certain project-related expenses and increase our cost-efficiency by diversifying and improving our agreements with suppliers
• Liase with the tax advisors and external auditors to respond to queries, provide documents and seek advice / resolution from them
• Continuous help with immigration processes to assist in expats settlement i.e., Work permit, special pass, visas and alien card application follow ups
• Work with Finance and Accounting Associate for monitoring cash and bank balances and ensuring adequate balances to meet all payment needs
• Offer support on all admin matters in the Kenya office e.g.: Procurement of all office needs, manage office equipment and maintain keys for the office
• Oversee support staff e.g.: office cleaner
• Help with logistics for enumerator training, workshops and meetings (booking rooms, catering, hiring furniture, organizing transport, etc)
• Assist with the management of Petty Cash for the office
• Perform other tasks/duties as assigned
You are a motivated accounting professional dedicated to growth, learning and development and have the knowledge to help perform daily accounting and admin tasks that will support Laterite’s financial team. We are looking for:
• A self-motivated professional with excellent knowledge of accounting standards, tax knowledge and great numerical and analytical skills.
• A proactive individual who is constantly assessing organizational needs to design processes that enhance efficiencies in our finance and accounting function.
• An excellent communicator with the ability to engage and support the Finance and Accounting Associate, has a multinational sense of team work, an appreciation of cultural diversity such as Laterite.
• An agile professional with a learning mindset and passion for improving systems to enhance financial management practices.
• BA Degree in Accounting/Finance (CPA/ACCA qualification is a plus)
• Minimum 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
• Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively
• Experience with QuickBooks accounting software and excellent knowledge of accounting, book-keeping and forecasting and operations management, and proficiency in MS-Office especially Excel
Additionally, we are looking for:
• An individual with excellent interpersonal, numerical and analytical skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment where timelines can be unpredictable.
• A keen sense of core individual values all hinged on integrity and an excellent team player with a strong passion to learning and growth.
Please complete the following application form: https://form.jotform.com/212855720124551 or click the “Apply Now Button” to complete the application form. The application process will involve three steps: (i) an online application, (ii) an online assessment; and (iii) interviews.
Successful candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply ASAP.