Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Recorder Jobs, Field Technologist Openings
Health Facility Recorder, KMR – 10 Positions
Health Facility Recorder, KMR 10( 7 position)
Reports to: Field Technologist
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
The Health Facility Recorders will report to the Field Technologist and will be responsible for identifying patients with shigella at health facilities in Siaya County. S/he will maintain log books, complete forms, and facilitate collection of health facility data, as related to malaria hospitalization and mortality.
- O-level Secondary education with a minimum grade of D+ (plus)
- Must be willing to reside within the study area
- Fluency in English, Dholuo and Swahili, written and spoken, with fluency in the local language
- spoken in the study area will be an added advantage
- At least one year research work experience
- Familiarity with and in possession of a valid certificate of Good Clinical Practices
- Experience in taking anthropometric measurement
Skills, knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the community and health facility staffs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a team player
- Able to operate and use tablets for data collection or be willing and ready to learn and use handheld
- electronic devices.
- Able to devote additional time for the study including working over national and public holidays,
- weekends etc
- Be courteous, respectful, proactive, conscientious, punctual, honest and hardworking
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Collect accurate, complete surveillance data in the study hospital using the laptops/tablets
- Collect rectal swabs and whole stool samples as per study protocol
- Compile weekly/monthly study progress reports
- Perform and record accurate anthropometric measurements
- Record information using a study form on a digital platform.
- Resolve all the discrepancies in data and go back to the field to clarify
- Ensure maintenance of study supplies at hospital
- Attend all study meetings on time and report on progress of work
- Complete any other duties assigned or delegated by the supervisor
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one-year contract with a probation period for the first 3 months and salary is as per the stated grade
Field Technologist (Team Leader), KMR 8 – 2 Positions
The Kenyan Medical Research Institute, Center for Global Health Research (KEMRI-CGHR), has been selected to participate in a seven country multi-center study that will quantify the burden of Shigella diarrhea among infants and young children in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia to inform future Shigella vaccine trials. KEMRI-CGHR working in collaboration with the Center for Vaccine Development (CVD) at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Global Center for Integrated Health of Women, Adolescents, and Children at the University of Washington and funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, will participate in the Enterics for Global Health (EFGH)-Shigella study. The EFGHShigella project represents an extension of the Global Enteric Multicenter Study (GEMS) and the Vaccine Impact Assessment on Diarrhea in Africa (VIDA). The project is seeking to recruit for the following
Reports to: Research Administrator
The Field Team leader position requires the incumbent to perform various functions, including
coordination, field staff supervision, quality control, data management, Civil Registration and Vital
Statistics (CRVS), capacity building, and reporting for Shigella Surveillance Study in an accurate and
- Diploma Degree in Social Science, Community Health, Public Health, or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience as a supervisor in the target region, performing field staff training and supervision, project quality control, data collection and management, stakeholder and collaborator coordination, logistics and supply management, and data analysis and reporting for a busy field site.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience with Microsoft Office suite, tablet-based data entry
- Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, Clinical research, Clinical trial process and related regulatory requirements and terminology.
- Experience in managing and ensuring data quality.
- Fluency in English and Swahili, written and spoken, with fluency in the local language spoken in the study area being an added advantage
- Must possess Supervisor skills and experience of not less than 2 years
- Ability to develop an in-depth understanding of study goals and its implementation.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work in a team, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn additional development skills and strategies on the job
- and be able to apply these.
- Strong writing, communication, and public relations skills.
- Strong management, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to implement directives appropriately and work with little or no supervision
- Computer literate with hands on experience in the use of online data capture tools
Specific duties and responsibilities
- The team leader for the Shigella Surveillance Study will oversee the non-medical aspect of the study at selected sentinel HealthCare facilities and Health Care Utilization and Attitude surveillance activities in Siaya County, and will be required to;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of project design and goal and ensure that the project is conducted in compliance with project protocols and other regulatory requirements.
- Engage with local Ministry of Health and other partners to ensure all partners are informed and ensure appropriate coordination of staff and activities.
- Supervise field staff and provide on-site coordination and oversight of all project-related activities, which includes reporting of all deaths in children aged 5-48 months, and ensuring the verbal autopsies are performed on all deaths.
- Implement mortality surveillance quality controls via repeat VR and VR Technical Supervisor interviews, accompanied interviews to ensure appropriate interview conduct.
- Actively contribute to capacity building efforts within Kenya’s CRVS system, and continuously liaise with relevant CRVS partners on related topics.
- Ensure that all items necessary for successful conduct of the project are available to project staff.
- Coordinate procurement processes for supplies needed.
- Plan and chair meetings with project staff and collaborators as needed, archiving minutes and disseminating pertinent information in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Work with the data manager to resolve any data queries in the field.
- Identify and make available to the data manager sources of mortality triangulation data, to include interviews of community members and data from separately available vital events and registration data, such as those from facilities and civil registration record.
- Respond to questions about the project posed by participants, field coordinators, study coordinators, and/or PIs.
- Provide progress reports and solve reported problems encountered in the field to superiors.
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one-year contract with a probation period for the first 3 months and salary is as per the stated grade.
Method of Application
Applications MUST include the following:
- A cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume’ or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Copies of certificates and testimonials
- Three letters of reference with contact information (phone and email)
If you are interested and meet the outlined criteria, please apply to
Deputy Director, CGHR,
Kisumu not later than January 30, 2022.
Submit your application including documents via Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY;
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY
STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND
PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted