Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Communications jobs, Journalism jobs, Political Science jobs, International Relations jobs, Public Affairs jobs, Marketing jobs, Business related jobs,Finance jobs,Legal jobs,
Role & Responsibilities:
- Providing advice and support to colleagues working on Investments, Advisory, as well as Upstream, in Africa. Assume primary lawyer responsibility for new and portfolio investments, advisory services and Upstream projects in the Africa region. Responsibilities in respect of Advisory services will include oversight of legal analysts preparing documentation based on standardized terms and conditions.
- Advising on the selection of outside counsel in the Africa region, managing outside counsels’ service delivery, quality and legal costs.
- Interacting and communicating with colleagues in Washington and other regions to facilitate the provision of excellent legal services in the Africa region, including providing advice and support to colleagues in Washington working on projects in the region.
- Obtaining and expanding country knowledge, experience and best practices arising from the business in Africa and efficiently sharing and applying this knowledge in a useful, solutions-oriented and practical way.
- Providing general advice and support with respect to all aspects of IFC’s business in the Africa region.
- Qualified to practice law in one or more jurisdictions.
- At least 8 years’ post-qualification relevant international law firm and/or international financial institution
- Or development finance institution experience. Experience in post conflict countries preferably in developing countries desirable. The successful candidate will have extensive experience of cross-border secured debt transactions (project and corporate finance including multi-lender transactions). Experience in equity and quasi-equity, investment funds and debt capital markets desirable.
- Ability to handle complex corporate and commercial transactions independently.
- Willingness to assume multiple roles and tasks to meet changing business needs with an ability to foresee troubleshoot and effectively resolve conflicting issues and challenges.
- Sound judgement and ability to assess risk in a practical and responsible manner and make fair, well-reasoned, independent decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability work effectively in a multicultural environment and build good relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment with quick turnaround expectations.
- Willingness to travel throughout Africa frequently and on short notice.
- Demonstrated commitment to core values, including excellence, mutual respect, collegiality, teamwork, diversity and inclusiveness, integrity, innovation, transparency and accountability.
- Experience with “know your customer”, anti-money laundering and anti-corruption policies and procedures desirable.
- Excellent communications skills in English, and the capacity to present complex issues and analyses, both written and orally, clearly, concisely and persuasively. Ability to speak French or Arabic desirable but not essential other than for postings to Dakar, Senegal where French would be essential.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Duties and Responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity for a communications professional to implement the social media strategy for IFC in Africa. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in social media planning, trends and analytics.
With guidance from the regional communications lead and in collaboration with the regional and corporate communications teams, the Communications Analyst’s specific responsibilities will include, among others:
Strategic Social Media Planning:
• Implementing a social media strategy with the objective to increase online content engagement and awareness of IFC, especially in the Africa region, building on existing channels or creating new ones.
• Researching the latest trends, introducing innovative ways to share IFC messages on digital platforms, identifying and building connections with key online influencers, and ultimately expanding IFC’s online footprint in Africa and beyond.
• Monitoring and evaluating social media activities providing a monthly report on what’s working and what not.
• Monitoring social media channels and flagging reputational risks and high-visibility mentions.
• Liaising with communications and operations colleagues across the region and IFC’s global social media team to identify upcoming opportunities and populate a digital editorial calendar.
• Aligned with IFC’s corporate digital guidelines, creating and posting high-quality digital content on IFC’s social media channels and supporting cross-promotion of IFC’s content on external partner channels.
• Crafting day-to-day digital posts, visuals, and social media packages around IFC content coming out of Africa and the broader organization (e.g., press releases, impact stories, videos, media interviews and op-eds, reports, and other materials).
• Ensuring the Africa social media channels feature content that is timely, topical, and compelling.
• Designing, and working with designers and video editors, to produce engaging multimedia content for social media.
• Proactively identifying innovative opportunities for online engagements (e.g., digital partnerships, live events, digital campaigns).
• Hosting at least two live social media events focused on Africa each fiscal year.
• Providing regular training to the regional communications team to increase the quality of content and help share social media trends and best practices.
• Conducting training sessions for senior executives in the region to help enhance their social media presence representing IFC.
• Regularly sharing IFC’s corporate social media guidelines in order to ensure staff are using social media in a responsible manner.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with 2 or more years’ experience in social media marketing, social media management, digital strategy, corporate communications, marketing, public relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience developing and implementing high-impact social media strategies based on evidence and industry benchmarks –using tools and metrics to properly capture reach.
• Experience in social media listening tools.
• Familiarity with latest trends and innovative approaches to social media messaging and engagement.
• Experience in drafting engaging social media posts in English and producing multimedia content (such as postcards, audiograms, short videos, etc.), incl. technical knowledge of using tools like Canva, Photoshop and Wochit or other similar tools.
• Ability to work with an established network of designers and multimedia producers.
• Knowledge in the field of strategic communications.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, ability to convey complex messages succinctly and diplomatically.
• Knowledge of French, Arabic, Portuguese or other languages spoken in the region, a plus.
• Experience in understanding and handling reputation and branding issues and processes, a plus.
• Experience working in Africa region, a plus.
• Ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
• Understanding of multilateral development banks, including the World Bank Group, its policies and operations a plus, as well as basic understanding of current development topics and issues, a plus.
• WBG Core Competencies for all staff: Client orientation; Drive for results; Teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; Knowledge, Learning and communication; and Business judgment and analytical decision-making.