Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Senior Careers, Human Resources Management jobs, NGO jobs,
People and Culture (HR) Director, WV Somalia
- Strategy Development and Execution
- Provide strategic guidance and input to the senior leadership team in the alignment and execution of the National Office Strategy and business plans with Our Promise.
- Develop and implement People and Culture (P&C) strategy and business plan in support of and in alignment with country, regional and global strategic priorities.
- Lead in the planning and development of HR management and development strategy (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counselling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture and attitudinal development, performance appraisals and quality management issues
- Serve and contribute as a member of the Crisis Management Team to ensure safety and security of staff. Serve as a member of the National Disaster Management Team, as applicable.
Staff engagement, Learning and Development
- Lead in the execution of Our Voice survey and leverage the results to enhance Staff and Organizational Well-being.
- Work with the senior leadership team to plan and drive measurable improvements in
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Organizational Leadership, Culture, Agility and Effectiveness.
- Provide technical guidance in building the capacity, depth and breadth of National Office and Projects leadership to meet the evolving leadership needs, to realize Our Promise and to enable transformational mindsets and behaviors.
- Design and spearhead the development of staff capacity, including mindsets and behaviors, to work effectively in fragile contexts.
- Design and execute an orientation and on-boarding strategy that will enable staff to understand Our Promise and its implications on World Vision’s work in different contexts, including fragile.
Ensuring Staff engagement and well-being
- Maximise staff well-being to enable staff to embrace the opportunities and challenges in meeting Our Promise. Contextualise, promote and support systems, services and programs for staff well-being.
- Execute the Our Voice survey and leverage the results to enhance Staff and Organisational Well-being. Together with the senior leadership team, plan and drive measurable improvements in
Organisational Leadership, Culture, Agility and Effectiveness.
- Strengthen the quality of Staff Care and Peer Support interventions especially in fragile, response and conflict areas.
- Identify the organisational culture gaps and plan culture change interventions to promote leadership and staff mindset & behaviour changes to deliver our promise to the most vulnerable children.
- Design and execute compensation and benefits strategy, systems and processes in alignment to Our Promise that enable the organisation to attract and retain required staff for fragile contexts
Promoting Accountability and performance culture
- Lead structure realignment processes to match program requirements, including pre-positioning for emergency responses.
- Spearhead the partnering for performance process.
- Review and contextualise global and regional P&C Policies to National Office P&C policies for international assignees and national staff and ensure alignment with Country labour laws.
- Ensure people management risks are identified and the organisation regularly reviews and implements adequate risk mitigation measures for fragile, conflict and response areas.
- Provide leadership in educating staff on employee relations and investigations protocol and ensure cases are managed confidentially and promptly.
- Promote a culture of diversity. and inclusion
Developing Capable and available workforce
- Spearhead the acquisition and prepositioning of a diverse and talented workforce using work force planning
- Ensure that the National Office recruitment policy, system and processes are well established for acquiring talent with required competencies, mindsets and behaviours required to realise Our Promise.
- Ensure monitoring and reporting systems for national & international hires are effectively managed.
- Promote gender diversity through appropriate identification of talent at all levels.
Developing a strategic and professional People & Culture Team
- Ensure that the People & Culture function has the required capacity, capability, systems, processes, policies and guidelines to drive transformation of mindsets and behaviours and realisation of Our Promise.
- Promote a customer centric culture in the People & Culture function, ensuring professionalism and accountability in delivering services to staff and leaders.
- Provide overall leadership and technical support to the P&C team, coaching and mentoring the team through regular meetings, sharing and monitoring individual plans to support professional growth and development.
- Design efficient P&C systems and processes with a particular focus on process excellence and ensure that Our People is fully operational with accurate and complete information for decision making.
Promoting external and internal coordination
- Establish proactive linkages and strategic networks with key International NGOs and other stakeholders at the national and international level for broader impact and also to keep abreast of the ongoing changes in the external environment that affects the fragile context operations.
- Consistently develop and maintain effective working relationships with Regional P&C, SLT and different departments including field based program managers.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a Senior Human Resources Management position in an international organization.
- The candidate should have a personal calling, passion for service.
- Experience in risk management in high risk and sensitive environments.
- Experience working in conflict and fragile contexts, as applicable
- Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management or Social Sciences.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional qualifications in Human Resource Management or Organizational Development (OD) or Leadership Development.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- HEAT (hostile environment awareness training) and SRMT (security risk management training) or a UN equivalent
- Enterprise Risk Management Training
- Staff care and Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) training
- Certification in trauma counselling or certain basic training in this area
- Interfaith training
- Experience working with different country labor laws.
- Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Office Based with occasional national & International travels
- Physical Requirements Office based with 30% local/international travels