Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Event planning jobs, Coordinating travel logistics jobs,Administrative Officer jobs,
- Provides the RSC Senior Management Team (SMT) with senior level administrative and logistical support to (SMT) such as logistics for events, meetings, and travel as needed.
- Anticipates needs and is highly responsive to direct and anticipated requests; providing fast, accurate, and thoughtful replies to requests and following up on action items on behalf of the Regional Representative and the Director.
- Follow-up with relevant staff to ensure appropriate briefing material is completed in anticipation of all events
- Works with the Travel and Logistics unit to ensure SMT and other important or sensitive travel is well-coordinated ensuring very clear schedules and well-articulated itineraries.
- Supports SMT members to complete expense reports and ensuring that they are submitted on time in compliance with the Finance Policies and Procedures.
- Manages RSC Director’s calendar, formats information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports, etc. In addition, monitors incoming emails and dispatch accordingly.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls and drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Provides response to regularly occurring requests for information
- Maintains shared calendars and ensures action item holders are responsive to key deadlines/milestones
- Organizes key leadership team meetings including meeting logistics, agenda and materials preparation and serves as the note-taker ensuring that information is collected and summarized for easy comprehension of critical stakeholders.
- May in some cases attend meetings on behalf of the RSC Africa Director, take meeting notes, and provide feedback as needed. In addition, takes notes during any other meetings as needed.
- Collaborates with other stakeholders to support CWS Africa’s strategic initiatives, including growth objectives, with research, analysis, and administrative tasks
- Conduct research upon requests and present findings
- Coordinates on-boarding for PRM and CWS HQ staff by collaborating with relevant department heads to ensure the sessions are booked and timely invites are sent out.
- Assists in the coordination, organization and facilitation of CWS-wide events and initiatives, as assigned.
- Performs other duties which are assigned and developed to improve the operations of CWS Africa.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required (or 4 years of work experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Experience with event planning, coordinating travel logistics, and managing calendars preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience, 5 years’ experience supporting senior leadership preferably in a non-profit environment
- Direct experience in managing sensitive and confidential matters with a high level of professionalism
- Strong independent thinking skills with ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship within the organization and externally
- Excellent administrative, and customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to draft correspondences and other communication with minimum direction
- Professional maturity and strong decision-making skills
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel and Power point) and other acceptable social media platforms
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Work with minimal supervision
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.**
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.