Human Resources jobs, Business Administration jobs,
Global Talent Development Director
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Global Talent Development (GTD) Director will position the function to provide Technical Support to leaders and HR teams in about twenty (20) countries and three (3) regions to achieve Heifer’s missions of ending poverty and hunger while caring for the earth. The Global TD Director will spearhead the design and development of Heifer’s Talent Development shared services and center of expertise that align talent with strategic priorities – these services include strong collaboration with Talent Acquisition and other People Functions. This role is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned systems thinker expert who leads through influence and networking. You will be joining Heifer International during an exciting time of change and will play a pivotal role in engaging and influencing stakeholders to support positive cultural change toward one of learning and growth. The Global TD Director will provide mentorship/Leadership to the Global stakeholders to ensure cohesion and execution of Talent Development philosophy that invests in existing talent for career development and strategic workforce planning. The Director will contribute to the design and delivery of the People Department Strategic Planning and will be a member of the Department’s Senior Management Team.
Candidates from countries where Heifer operates are encouraged to apply.
The Successful Candidate
To succeed in this role, you will provide both strategic and hands-on frontline technical support leadership in building a Global Talent Development function that centers on investing in people and the future needs of the organization to achieve Heifer’s mission. You will have a track record in evaluating, designing, and promoting talent development initiatives such as Learning Management Systems, Succession Planning and Career Development initiatives, internal mobility, mentorship, onboarding, strategic workforce planning, job design, competency models, and Leadership Development programs. You understand the learning management system technologies available and are comfortable with such technology. You have the passion to invest in people’s knowledge and developing staff. You will be self-motivated and enjoy delivering, managing, and be managed within a remote setting that emphasizes impact and contributions as a primary criterion for assessment.
- Develop and position the Global Talent Development Function to be the Global Technical Center of Expertise for over nine hundred (900) employees globally to achieve Heifer’s mission. This involves building relationships and networks with country and regional leaders and People Teams and engaging them in the design of Development Initiatives that are relevant to their context and the organization’s priorities.
- Create vision for Talent Development function to transform Heifer’s culture around learning and growth.
- Establish team culture norms and internal operational excellence. Ensure the team is connected in minds and hearts with the People Department and Heifer’s mission and values.
- Driving from the Global People Department Strategy, design and deliver Talent Development vision and strategies. Engage stakeholders in the design, implementation, and evaluation of those initiatives while being mindful of stakeholders’ priorities.
- Drive workforce planning and forecasting in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition function. Leverage data and collaborate with Heifer’s Leaders to develop both short-term and long-term staffing plans and identifying skill sets and competencies needed to deliver high-quality Signature Programs globally.
- Manage Heifer’s Learning Management System and ensure LMS serves the organization’s needs and is leveraged throughout the organization. Ensure training is available, and constantly analyze and communicate training and development data
- Partner with DEIB Program Leadership and design, constantly update, and roll out onboarding packages customized to different country offices. Work with Regional and Country People Teams to make sure proper onboarding include Heifer’s Cornerstone (a set of Heifer specific values) training to new hires and staff.
- Design targeted development initiatives such as succession planning, emerging leaders’ development programs, internal mobility, mentorship, and Leadership Development programs.
- Ensure current systems meet organizational and user needs and partner with appropriate vendors to maximize utilization.
- Lead discovery process for Talent Development technology vendors to meet organizational needs in collaboration with People department HR digital strategy
- Promote staff development and capacity building by creating a personalized training experience. Link staff development to the Performance Management system and provide resources to staff to have access to identified training initiatives.
- Provide coaching to management and employees on talent and career development issues. Develop and maintain a roster of coaches and Personality Tests/Assessment third-parties.
- Promote DEIB in talent development practices.
- Promote compliance and a healthy work environment by rolling out organization-wide or targeted policy and coaching training.
- Partner with different functions to provide a platform for training on technical topics. Provide utilization reports and analysis.
- Hold oneself accountable for achieving annual workplans and goals and collaborate with colleagues to help them achieve their goals as well.
- Invest in oneself professional development. Stay connected with sector forums and national/international Employee Development /HR forums.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Continued HR education, GPHR, PHR, SPHR, or SHRM SCP certified.
- Up to 10 years of experience in Human Resources with extensive focus on Talent Development or Talent Management within a Global for-profit or INGOs sectors
- Significant experience designing and successfully rolling out Talent Development and Adult Learning initiatives.
- Advanced relationship management, collaboration, and networking skills
- Technical mindset and passion for the latest innovations in technology
- Must possess a high level of integrity and credibility. Be comfortable operating and working with teams within a matrix structure.
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset with strong verbal and written communication skills. English language fluency is required.
- Self-motivated, agile, and detail-oriented leader with exceptional organizational, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Global Candidates are encouraged with focus on countries where Heifer operates.
- Have a good sense of cultural differences and the ability to work with members of different cultural backgrounds.