Banking jobs, Business Related jobs,
Corporate Recovery Manager
- Contribute to Group profit through Recoveries, Upgrades and writeback of Impairments held.
- Support development, recommend and implement strategies to ensure that debts in arrears are recovered and properly graded in line with CBK prudential guidelines on non-performing corporate debts.
- Lead detailed negotiations with customers to obtain commitment to implement appropriate strategies to minimize inherent risks in the business, reduce the delinquent debts in arrears through aggressive recoveries and viable restructurings.
- Represent Bank in Lenders meetings for syndicated facilities under financial distress.
- Proactively develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders including regulators, insolvency practitioners and turnaround experts to maximize benefits in turning around distressed assets.
- Ensure preparation of reports i.e Top 20, monthly Recovery strategy sheets, monthly recoveries as well as quarterly Top 100 reports.
- Track implementation of credit action plans and offer support in resolution of credit audit issues to ensure achievement of satisfactory credit audit ratings.
- Undertake continuous securities review and assessment of provisions adequacy to determine optimum levels of impairments based on projected future cashflows from accounts under their control.
- Close follow up with service providers engaged to aid in recovering the nonperforming corporate debts. (Lawyers, Auctioneers, Valuers, Process servers and Private Investigators)
- Ensure compliance with credit policies, regulatory requirements and best practice in the monitoring and control process with a view to minimizing Credit Risk.
- To minimize cost of recovery by employing alternative methods that are less costly.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree Business Related
- Masters Degree Masters Degree from relevant field
- Professional Qualifications CPA, ACCA, AKIB
- Portfolio Management courses
- Total Minimum No of Years Experience Required 7 years
Detail Minimum No of Years
- 7 years General Banking
- 5 years Corporate Credit/ Advisory
- 5 years Corporate Recoveries
- 5 years Customer Relationship management
- 3 years People management
- 5 years Stakeholder & Customer Management