Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Plant Science Research Assistant, Research Jobs,
Plant Science Research Assistant
DryGro is an agriculture technology company working to revolutionise the market for animal feed protein. Today, most animal feed protein comes from soybean meal. Most of the world’s soybeans are grown in the US, Brazil, and Argentina. Protein demand is increasing, but the land required to grow soybeans in scarce. What got us through the 20th century won’t get us through the 21st. We need better, more sustainable alternatives. Founded at Oxford University in 2015, DryGro is developing cutting-edge growing systems to grow a soybean meal replacement crop called Lemna. This technology builds upon recent advancements in vertical farming and horticulture systems, and allows for efficient, reliable production.
The Plant Science Research Assistant serves in a support role to the Plant Science Manager who runs DryGro’s day-to-day plant science and crop production activities at its production facility near Naivasha in Kenya. These core plant science and crop production activities include running agronomic trials and managing the growth conditions of DryGro’s Lemna. The Plant Science Research Assistant is expected to be an enthusiastic individual, ready to take on the challenges and opportunities that come with working for a startup.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in conducting experiments, including set-up, data collection, and basic data analysis
- Carry out routine tasks such as monitoring Lemna growth environments and sample processing
- Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory environment
- Ensure observation of good etiquette and safety for work in a research facility
- Provide laboratory management support
- Communicate clearly and regularly with all members of the Plant Science Team
- Bachelor of Science in agronomy, plant science, plant breeding, agriculture, or related field from a reputable academic institution
- At least 1 years’ biological research experience at an academic institution, agriculture-related business, or government agency
- Technical literacy with Email, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Fluent verbal and written language skills in Swahili and English
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
- Experience working in hydroponics
- High attention to detail and drive for excellence in quality
- Strong communication skills via a variety of mediums
- Ability to adapt to working in a culturally diverse environment
- Highly organised
- Excellent time-management
Our team is motivated by the potential to mitigate the impacts of climate change and increase food security around the world. The Plant Science Manager role is core to our operations, playing a significant role in our development and in our ability to impact the world. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an elite team of scientists and engineers. You will get exposure to a range of fields , and there are plenty of opportunities for skill development.
Job type: Permanent, Full time position
Salary range: KES 70,000-100,000 per month
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
You will be notified by the end of December if you have been selected for an interview. We will not contact unsuccessful candidates.
DryGro does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, creed, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation, in any of our activities or operations.
DryGro takes a zero-tolerance approach to bribery, corruption, and nepotism, and is committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all its business dealings and relationships, wherever it operates, and implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery, corruption and nepotism.
(IMPORTANT:These easy online jobs are a great place to start if you want to earn some extra money from home, but don't have a lot of work experience.Part Time, Full Time, Remote Work Here are 21 Best Online Jobs - Beginners and Intermediate Guide to Making Money Online)
If you have a disability and require specific arrangements for an interview, please advise us in your application. DryGro is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview