Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Accounting jobs, Commerce jobs, Financial Management jobs, Economics jobs, Public Administration jobs,Managerial jobs,
Manager, Finance Operations
Treasury and Cash Forecasting (15-20%)
- Oversee and administer the banking relationships of the organization in multiple countries, and ensure that transactions are handled in the most cost-effective manner possible
- Ensure appropriate management of cash balances across the organization’s legal entities in various countries
- Ensure appropriate controls over cash transactions exist, are functioning as intended, and are monitored
- Work together with financial planning team on monthly cash forecasting, and proactively identify future actions to manage cash effectively
Procurement, Billing, and Finance Vendor management (15-25%)
- Oversee the procurement process
- Ensure appropriate policy and process vendor management, vendor selection and bidding processes
- Support client facing teams with request for proposal and bidding processes
- Ensure selections are appropriately documented
- Complete due diligence on vendors
- Oversee external financial vendors
- Lead RFP process for financial vendors, including renewal processes for auditors
- Negotiate contracts and renewals, where applicable
- Manage 3rd party software relationships, and ensure appropriate billing for users
- Implement appropriate vendor management processes
- Ensure due diligence, controls, and adherence to policies, for processes and transactions related to vendors, including data security, OFAC compliance, AML, and other policies
- Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Oversee billing to clients
- Ensure appropriate follow-up on amounts owed by clients,
- Monitor work in process balances
- Provide appropriate reporting to management on status of client balances
Financial Controls & Governance (15-25%)
- Oversee preparation of IRS Form 990, working with external accounting firm
- Prepare internal financial due diligence requirements for (potential) funders and clients
- Oversee internal finance policies
- Update Finance policies and procedures
- Ensure appropriate documentation of processes
- Ensure finance compliance with data security policies and procedures
- Support accounting team with tracking, monitoring, and executing compliance to local policies and procedures
- Identify, manage, and monitor enterprise risks that are related to finance
- Coordinate with legal on compliance and governance matters
Finance Project Management and Leadership Financial Support (25-40%)
- Coordinate across all finance functions and with other Global support functions and regions, on projects and processes than span across the organization.
- Working with Senior Accounting Manager, Coordinate the annual audits for both consolidated and local audits
- Provide Ad-hoc analysis, Reporting, and Presentations to support leadership on financial strategy and execution
- Communicate effectively with teams across the organization to ensure process are rolled out effectively initially and continue to function effectively
- 8+ years of work experience in finance, with varied experience that covers all or most of the following: Financial planning, financial reporting, Accounting, Internal Controls, and Treasury
- Demonstrated success at building effective processes
- Demonstrated ability to prepare effective presentations and other communications
- Experience in a project-based client service environment highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant area required. Master’s degree in related area is helpful but not required.
- Professional accounting qualification – CPA/ACA/ACCA part II or equivalent strongly preferred. Experience with US GAAP is very useful.
- Skills and attributes:
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Thrives in fast paced environments and is excited by opportunities to explore and implement new ideas as our organization grows and changes
- Proactive attitude with a bias to action
- Analytical approach, and experience modeling financial scenarios
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate financial information clearly
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams located across many countries
Project Budget Specialist
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Project Budgeting & Forecasting
- Prepare final project budgets for all IDinsight projects in the IDinsight template based on inputs from and in collaboration with client development team members
- Own the project budget template and process and make improvements on an ongoing basis
- Develop and populate a database to record typical costs in locations where we have run projects and for which we have submitted budgets, to facilitate accurate and efficient budget preparation
- Liaise with the FP&A Lead who will review each project budget
- Convert approved budgets to client templates as and when needed
- Prepare quarterly budget estimates to complete for each project based on inputs from and in collaboration with client development team members
- Provide global and specific training to project teams on the high level elements of budget preparation
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Reporting & Analysis
- Contribute to the monthly process of updating the budget monitors (i.e. budget vs. actual reports)
- Prepare project-level financial reports for the internal management use of IDinsight project teams and contractual obligations for external clients Prepare monthly staff utilization reports
- Assist in the preparation of standardized monthly reports for donors in order to keep them updated on IDinsight’s financials
- Prepare analysis and commentary on monthly functional dashboards
- Assist in the preparation of ad hoc global reports for grant proposals
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly Finance Committee Documents
- Support other global financial and related tasks as and when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Financial Management, Economics, Public Administration, or other relevant areas required. Master’s degree in one of the above fields is helpful, but not required.
- Professional qualification – CPA/ACA/ACCA part I or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in budgeting and/or financial planning and analysis for a mid-size (or larger) organization.
- Skills and attributes:
o Possesses honesty, integrity, strong work ethic, and team skills.
o Strong problem solving and communication abilities; is organized and efficient.
o Excited by and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.
o Proven ability to meet deadlines in a high-paced work environment.
o Strong Project Management skills and ability to coordinate work of cross-functional teams.
o Proactive and works with minimal supervision.
o Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks (or other accounting software).
o Willingness to take on all kinds of tasks and areas of responsibility, including at short notice.