Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Risk management jobs,Managerial jobs,I&M Bank jobs,
REF: MTMO/23/2022 – MANAGER, TREASURY MIDDLE OFFICE
The incumbent will report to Head -Treasury Middle office and will be responsible for:
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
P&L and Balance sheet substantiation – 80%
- Daily Profit and Loss (PL) analysis and reporting.
- Preparation of market commentaries to explain significant PL movements and events.
- Reconciliation of income statement and balance sheet to risk systems.
- Price verification and analysis to ensure pricing to fair value as required for mark-to-market accounting.
- Close liaison with other areas internal and external of Finance to ensure consistent adherence to policies and procedures.
- Coordinating resolution of issues with cross functional teams, including front office, market risk, and operations.
- Performing analysis for ad hoc requests regarding regulatory, valuation, risk and operational concerns.
- Performs control check at transaction level.
- Prepare Accounting entries related to Product that the bank supports.
- Focuses on control for all Product Control deliverables.
- Involved in systems enhancement and/or implementation.
- Contributes to process improvements in Product Control function.
- Assist in regular independent re-assessment of departmental controls to ensure they continue to identify and mitigate key financial control issues (5%).
- Other duties as assigned.
Monitoring trading activity – 20%
- Circulate key weekly & monthly MIS to senior management.
- Ensure clean audit results from internal and external reviews.
- Identify and drive process re-engineering and constantly challenge status quo for control improvement and process efficiency.
- Be part of the team in delivering continuous improvements.
- Develop/design appropriate reports to provide appropriate information which identifies the risk positions and profit and loss profile of Treasury.
- Re-engineer existing Product control processes so as to capitalize on improved systems capability and functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in Finance, Accounting or related field Or Qualifications in Risk management.
- CPA or public accounting experience preferred.
- ACI Dealing/Settlement or Risk certified an added advantage.
- 2 years’ experience working in Treasury environment Front, Middle or Back office.
- Audit background will be an added advantage.
- Risk management experience.
- Conversant with General International accepted accounting practice.