Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Business Administration jobs,Human Resources Management jobs,Accounting jobs,Finance jobs,Medicine jobs,NGO jobs,IRC jobs,
Global Proposal Recruiter
- Provide an efficient and high-quality experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including robust reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidates.
- Gain a deep understanding of IRC’s recruitments settings, in order to provide outstanding talent sourcing, recruiting, and hiring in support of, and partnership with, the Awards Management Unit (AMU)
- Work closely with country program and business development staff (remotely or in-country) to recruit international and national staff for senior-level positions on specific proposals
- Provide support to the Awards Management Unit (AMU) team on HR related issues such as settling salary ranges, salary banding, and guide the team through the recruitment approval process
- Create and maintain an understanding of relevant USAID/FCDO personnel policies and procedures through professional contacts, conferences and review of donor policies
- Develop relationships with regional/in-country recruiters and AMU staff and collaborate the Global Compensation Team, Regional HR Partners, Regional Vice Presidents and Technical Unit Leaders
- Expand the capacity of hiring teams to identify talent via improved interview skills & ability to specify critical needs
- Run sophisticated recruitment assignments that require creative application of social media, networking and referrals to address specific recruitment challenges
- Create and maintain a key personnel pipeline for frequently required positions in IRC sectors
- 4+ years of recruitment experience on competitive, donor-funded, international development proposals/projects with experience with USG (preferably USAID). FCDO experience a plus.
- Broad knowledge of employee relations, compensation & benefits, staffing, training and development, and basic US labor laws
- A person who thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Experience organizing and conducting overseas proposal recruiting trips.
- Experience sourcing and headhunting candidates. Strong Boolean search expertise required.
- Ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context.
- Experience and ability to work closely, guide and influence senior leaders
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.
- Effective communicator across diverse cultures and geographic distances with sensitivity.
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in French, Spanish or Arabic a plus.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate patients’ medical condition and history to determine most suitable radiographic technique for diagnosis.
- Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns after an imaging procedure
- Adjust diagnostic equipment to deliver accurate amount of radiation to patients
- Perform diagnostic imaging examinations like x rays, ultrasound and refer appropriately for CT scans.
- Produce x-ray films or radiographs of parts of the human body for use in diagnosing medical problems.
- Ensure radiation safety measures and protection devices are used and observed to ensure compliance and safety for both patients and staff.
- Ensure scheduled maintenance and minor emergency repairs on radiographic equipment are conducted.
- Ensure accurate documentation and care of patient records.
- Attend the monthly Health program meeting and share updates
- Plan and manage staff leave and R&R plans ensuring adequate coverage
- Review the JDs for the incentive staffs working in the department. Hold monthly meetings with the clinic staffs and share the minutes with the Clinical Services Manager.
Reporting and Coordination:
- Ensure all patient records are properly documented in the patient request forms and registers with all aspects of results
- Ensure the weekly HIS reports are compiled and submit on time.
- Take lead in quality improvement at the department and be part of (Quality Improvement Committee (QIC)
- Ensure accurate inventory records are maintained at the department.
Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Result Areas
- Ensure smooth running of the department, providing supervision, support and guidance to all staff.
- Ensure quality of care is maintained during the radiological exams.
- Ensure that universal radiologic precautions and infection prevention guidelines are adhered to in the department
- Diploma in medical imaging from Kenya Medical Training College or any other recognized institution
- 2 plus years’ experience in a busy center in ultrasound and X-ray department
- Must be registered by the radiation protection Board
- Must have a current and valid practicing license
• Undertake investigations of alleged fraud, corruption, waste, safeguarding and any other type of misconduct, with objectivity, impartiality, and fairness throughout the investigative process and in accordance with generally recognized international investigative standards and IRC guidelines
• Assess cases of alleged misconduct for disclosures to donors in a timely manner
• Formulate investigation plans, review and analyze all information to determine its relevance and reliability, conduct interviews of staff and other parties, record interviews, acquire and analyze potential documentary and electronic evidence, conduct investigative research, prepare draft investigation reports, and present investigative results in a clear written form in a timely manner
• Prepare well-written reports and ad hoc briefs pertaining to investigations in coordination with the Senior Investigator, Ethics and Compliance Unit management, and others as appropriate
• Prepare recommendations for corrective actions and improved controls and effectiveness or efficiency of IRC operations
• Ensure that investigative materials are stored and maintained per ECU’s investigations Team Manual
• Aid in the prioritization of investigative work in consultation with Ethics and Compliance Unit management
• Participate in developing and revising compliance-related best practices and lessons learned from investigative work
• Engage regularly with Country Program staff and middle management, up to and including Country Directors , and other key stakeholders, and demonstrate that support is provided to local investigation teams.
• Work with Compliance Coordinators or other local staff assigned to support investigations
• Deliver investigation training, remotely and in person, to Country Program staff supporting investigations
Reporting Lines and Working Relationships
• Reports to: Senior Investigator, ECU
• Directly supervises: None
• Other Internal and/or external contacts (globally)o Internal: HQ, CRRD, and RAI senior leadership, SMT, middle management, and staff; and program and functional areas such as Human Resources, Supply Chain, etc.o External: International representatives, donors, implementing partners, vendors, service providers, volunteers, external auditors, etc.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, accounting, law, international relations, criminal justice or related field.
• Certification: Certificates, licenses or advanced degrees in law, accounting or computer forensics an advantage (CFE/CFF/CPA/CA/CCEP)
• 5+ years of international investigations experience
• Experience in the nonprofit, NGO sectors or grant-supported organizations, regional and international organizations, or the inspector general function within a large government organization a plus
• Experience conducting fraud, collusion, corruption, vendor and supplier collusion, safeguarding and other types of investigations in challenging environments, and preferably in locations where the IRC operates
• Experience working with investigation teams in remote locations and insecure environments’
• Experience examining forensic, financial and electronic evidence
• Extensive experience conducting interviews of witnesses and subjects in multicultural environments
• Experience in delivering trainings
• Experience with exposure to highly sensitive information, and ability to maintain confidentiality, including legal and financial information.
• Ability to remain respectful, empathetic, and diplomatic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations and conversations surrounding reviews and assessments.
• Proven ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures and communicate effectively across multiple levels in a complex global organization.
• Travel to insecure environments is required.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to work effectively in English is a requirement.
• Fraud Investigation Principles and Techniques, including Procurement Fraud, Bribery, Collusion and Corruption
• Sexual Exploitation and Abuse investigation and interviewing experience preferred
Excellent judgment and Honesty and Integrity in the highest degree
• Interviewing skills and the ability to interview both witnesses and subjects
• Experience with computer and accounting forensic specialists (having such expertise a plus)• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, including the preparation of clear and concise reports
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work successfully with internal functional units and operations
• Demonstrated experience and a successful track record working with minimal direct supervision
• Data Analysis
• MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Cash & Bank payments processing
- Maintaining Petty cash at the set limits and take responsibility of any cash differences arising.
- Ensure that there is sufficient petty cash at all time for smooth operation
- Ensure all Petty cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per IRC delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Ensuring that authorizations on the payments requests are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart
- Preparation of petty cash spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review by FO at the end of the month.
- Devise a cash replenishment schedule to minimize weekly bank visits
- Ensure authorized receipts are correctly coded and issued upon receipt of monies.
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
- Bank Reconciliation and preparation of spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review monthly
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers
- Before filing, ensure that all documents have been stamped ‘PAID’ including cash payment reference details.
- Preparation of journals, ensuring these are fully supported and ready for review before upload
- To act as a bank agent.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented bank correspondences file ensuring it’s continuously updated.
- Assist in preparation of spreads sheets.
- Preparation of corrective journals and assisting in posting of journals as and when required
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business Administration with minimum CPA I qualification
- Work experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge in Excel
Senior Human Resource Officer- Compensation & Benefits
- Responsible for managing implementation of staff contracts that include implementation of offers, confirmation letters, amendments, extensions/renewals, transfers, notices etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of the payroll and administration of staff benefits that include gratuity, leave, medical insurance, group personal accident insurance and other allowances.
- Lead periodic pay and benefits review and support the HR Manager in the design, development and establishment of appropriate employee recognition schemes.
- Support the HR Manager in regular salary and benefits surveys by updating Birches/ PWC annual questionaries
- Ensure an up to date accurate record management system is in place and that staff payroll files (both electronic and physical) are updated in compliance with IRC’s audit check-list.
- Ensure IRCK reporting includes monthly and quarterly reports on Diversity, Global Matrix, HR Strategy/ Annual Business Plan implementation etc
- Manage performance of the Nairobi based HR Officer/Assistant by ensuring they have challenging objectives, provide of both administrative and technical support, on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, sharing best practices/business processes and ensuring they are regularly updated with new initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Manage IRCK relationship with the IRCK Legal Advisor and stay abreast and disseminate impacts of new Labour laws to the Country Programme in relation to taxation, minimum wage and other staff benefits.
- Responsible for the management of Workday employee record system that includes capacity building employees and its entire management and reporting.
- Support development of IRCK’s HR strategy, annual business plans, policies and procedures.
- Implement audit recommendations in areas of responsibility and support the overall HR Risk Management efforts. Cover for the HR Manager position whenever required.
- Minimum Educational level required: Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management
- Diploma in Human Resources
- Experience: 4 years of experience in Benefits and Compensation and contract management.
- Qualification/hands-on experience in development and administration of reward systems
- Emotional maturity and ability to work in confidentiality
- Have interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Have a sense of organization and being proactive
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Work environment: Nairobi Office-based with travel to the field
- Provide professional and confidential services to survivors of GBV, grounded in the IRC’s holistic, survivor-centered case management approach.
- Document client information through accurate filling of intake forms and ensure confidential and safe storage
- Support the maintenance of the IRC’s case management system by maintaining client confidentiality
- Ensure the GBVIMS is accurately updated on a regular basis.
- Ethically and confidentially collect and store GBV data. Participate in interpretation of the analyzed data on trends and work with the GBV manager and psychosocial officer to disseminate information to all relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of case management monitoring systems and help to ensure that GBV community workers utilize these systems correctly and consistently.
- Participate in preparation of all relevant reports regarding the IRC’s psychosocial activities.
Training, Mentorship and Couching
- Supervise and provide training, mentorship, and other technical support to community workers directly involved with the psychosocial component of the International Rescue Committee’s GBV programme.
- Provide leadership and guidance regarding psychosocial activities to all community workers to ensure all programme activities meet best practice standards.
- Monitor and supervise case management, including capacity building through training and on-the-job training of community workers. Training topics should include active listening and effective communication, action and safety planning, GBV guiding principles, GBV basic concepts, and other related topics
Coordination and Networking
- Strengthen and maintain networks through other service providers and camp management to ensure that survivors receive compassionate support from the community and to encourage greater communication, collaboration and coordination among partners (protection, health, legal, and psychosocial sectors).
- Advice the GBV outreach officer on programming areas that require targeted interventions and campaigns based on trend analysis.
- Strengthen and maintain networks with community leaders, women leaders, service providers and camp management to ensure that survivors receive compassionate support from the community and to encourage greater communication, collaboration and coordination among partners (protection, health, legal, and psychosocial sectors)
- Work in collaboration with GBV outreach officer to ensure ongoing needs of women and girls are being met through prevention-related activities.
- Monitor monthly community outreach plan with community workers, based on case trends and ongoing needs of women and girls.
- Participate in review meetings and psychosocial capacity assessment of the local partners
- Participate in capacity building trainings for the local partners around psychosocial support
- Share technical expertise on case management with local partner
- Organize and conduct trainings for partners on relevant organizational development areas and support peer learning between IRC and the local partner.
- Development and revision of referral networks between partners implementing GBV and implementation of referral pathways
- Oversee all interactions and provide Case management support to the local partner with the support of the GBV program manager.
- Ensure the local partner is invited to the case conferences and other interagency coordination meeting at camp the level.
- Assist the GBV program manager on technical review of partner’s reports on psychosocial component
- Assist the GBV manager in planning and organizing for review workshops with partners on the partnership, IRC partnership approach and principles.
- Support trainings for partners on relevant organizational development areas peer learning between IRC and the local partner.
- Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Respect the code of conduct and policies of the IRC and the standards of the GBV team
- Adhere and uphold the IRC Way (intergrity, accountability and service) at the respective areas of work.
Key Result Areas
The GBV/ WPE Kenya programme goal is to enhance survivor’s utilization of quality services responsive to their needs and strengthen community-based structures and solutions to better protect women and girls, promote their empowerment to access opportunities, services, and support. The GBV case worker will oversee psychosocial activities towards achieving the following program objectives
- To improve survivors’ access to timely, holistic, and quality case management
- Strengthened engagement with communities to act in the best interests of women and girls
- Invest in social and economic opportunities for women and girls to promote their wellbeing
- Leveragepartnerships and experience to advocate for priorities of women and girls.
- Diploma in counseling and/or psychology. A Social Science or related degree is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of direct psychosocial/counseling and case management experience with a reputable agency; experience working with survivors of violence preferred.
- MUST have in-depth knowledge on GBV and responding to GBV in emergency settings
- Demonstrated experience working directly with refugees who are survivors of GBV and can demonstrate understanding of a survivor-centered approach.
- MUST have experience with operationalizing GBV principles, knowledge of international humanitarian standards for GBV prevention and response.
- Must have experience working with GBVIMS (Gender Based Violence Information Management System)
- Must be willing to work in a hardship zone /environment
Required Qualification & Competencies
- Clear understanding of gender, abuse of power, and issues surrounding violence against women
- Able to maintain confidentiality, medical ethics, and respect for clients at all times.
- Positive, highly motivated, innovative, with strong organizational and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work in a team, maintain confidentiality and respect for diversity, uphold integrity, respect, and accountability.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining attention to quality and detail.
- Self-starter with an ability to work with minimal supervision in a culturally diverse team.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, including MS Word and Excel.
- Utilize skill in a variety of signed languages interpreting/transliterating services for deaf/hard of hearing
- Willing to work in a hardship area.
- Fluency in English, including writing clear and concise reports.
- Knowledge of Oromo and/or Sign Language is strongly preferred.
INEE Team Lead, Data & Evidence
● Minimum 7 years of directly relevant professional experience.
● Strong theoretical and practical background in the field of education and education in emergencies, including both development and humanitarian contexts.
● In-depth understanding of INEE’s ways of working and role in the EiE sector.
● Experience working with networks and employing network approaches.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
● Understanding and experience in the areas of research, monitoring & evaluation, and data highly valued;
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English;
● Strong technical knowledge of the field of education in emergencies and familiarity with INEE;
● Ability to be flexible and work well independently, virtually and under pressure, and in a fast-paced environment;
● Excellent organizational skills: the ability to track and follow-up on various tasks;
● Skilled in participatory approaches and in particular managing others with the aim of providing support and guidance;
● Excellent analytical and writing skills: the ability to draft briefs, reports, and syntheses;
● Willingness to travel 30% to challenging field locations;
● Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to successfully interact with a variety of people;
● Flexible work attitude and contributes to teamwork while effectively learning and working within an inter-agency framework and approach.
Education: Advanced university degree (and/or experience) in a relevant field (international comparative education; international relations; etc.).
Language Skills: English required. Working knowledge of other INEE languages are highly valued (Arabic, French, Portuguese, and Spanish). If applicant is based in the Latin America region Spanish language is also required.