Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Computer Science jobs, Information Systems Management jobs, Network Administration jobs,
Systems and Cloud Engineer
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the networking, engineering, and accreditation effort of existing on-premises networks towards cloud hybridization and migration.
- Assess existing WAN and LAN environments in relation to technical and operational limitations.
- Help drive modernization of existing networks to support high availability, redundancy, and resiliency across mission space.
- Implement patterns for streaming, batch, and bulk movement of data across data centres.
- Install, configure, maintain, optimize, and troubleshoot network appliances on Microsoft Cloud and on Premises Datacenter (cabling, switches, Firewalls, Wireless…).
- Develop and drive long-term networking strategy in the public cloud.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Ensures backup for systems and data is routinely made and securely stored.
- Implementation of recent technologies in the various technical domains covered.
- Support in the definition of strategies, projects, infrastructure design and operating procedures.
- Ensure enterprise-wide network scalability and performance through performance monitoring, logging, packet analysis, and event correlation.
- Provide 3rd level support.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
- High level of proficiency and experience with TCP/IP networking, VLANs, STP architecture, and core technologies, such as Routing, DNS, IPsec, etc. (Fortinet firewalls/Switches/APs, Cisco ASA, Meraki, HPE Switches).
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure (Azure VMs & On-premises).
- Strong experience with public Cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure) PaaS & SaaS.
- Experience with Azure Network and Compute functions (Load Balancers, Web Application Firewall, Azure Front Door, Azure Arc, Virtual WAN).
- Experience in Virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V.
- Microsoft 365 administration, exchange online, Azure Active directory.
- Experience in Microsoft Intune family.
- Experience in Windows Server administration (AD, DC, DNS, DHCP, GPO, File/Print Server…).
- Experience in Backup systems and storage systems (Veeam, Synology, HP 3PAR) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system, proxy servers, and web servers.
- Partial Knowledge of current DevOps tools (GitHub, Chef…).
- Experience in Azure Serverless functions (Kubernetes & Container Apps)
- Familiar with Infrastructure as a Code (terraform, Ansible) Dockerization technology.
- Some experience with database administration is an asset (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MySQL, …).
Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related fields, or equivalent by demonstrated experience.
- Initial experience of at least 5 years in network administration and/or ICT infrastructure implementation.
- Certificates related to the following field: CCNA, CCNP, CMNO, Network+, Microsoft Azure, Fortinet NSE.
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs in similar contexts will be an advantage.
- Team player, autonomous, you are passionate about technology, and like to address complex technical challenges.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- You can adapt to recent technologies, eager to learn and a strong troubleshooter.
- You are flexible to implement changes while reducing the impact on the activity of our users; working occasionally out of office hours is not an issue.
- You want to keep learning; you are open to sharing your ideas, knowledge, and experience.
- Good command of English is required.
- Knowledge of other international languages (French, Spanish, Arabic…) is an asset.