Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Finance jobs, Business Administration jobs,Accounting jobs,HR Management jobs,
Field Finance Advisor
objectives of the position:
- Responsible for the quality and availability of financial/technical support to project countries and the Operations desk at HQ on financial management, internal control, donor funding and risk management policies and their implementation.
- As a member of the Operations Support Team (OST), actively collaborates with other members and acts as liaison between Operations and Finance Department in HQ ensuring quality Finance advice and an efficient flow of information between the two departments.
- Functionally line manages Finance Coordinators (in 5 to 6 countries) and participates in their performance evaluations; provides coaching, training, guidance and technical leadership.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling operational budgets of missions (estimated total portfolio budget up to EUR 40 Million), and analysing project financial performance on a regular basis.
- Responsible for organising a cash flow plan and analysis with missions, to ensure availability of sufficient liquidity levels in missions to meet operational needs, and for reviewing and validating money requests and mission-related HQ payments.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Responsible for timely and high quality analysis of budgets and Budget Control Reports (BCR) in line with OCA governance structure and advises missions and Operations desk on corrective actions;
- Supervises the development and implementation of mission-specific finance policies, procedures and tools, ensuring alignment with operational needs, local contexts and OCA standard policies and procedures, and gives technical validation;
- Advises and provides mission-specific support on the organization and set-up of the finance team in missions;
- Guides Operation Managers and other OST members on financial processes, planning, and risk management; provides financial analysis relevant for Operational decision making; ensuring quality financial advice and an efficient flow of information between Operations and the Finance Department;
- Provides coaching and training to Financial Coordinators in their role as financial managers within the set-up of the missions. Develops and facilitates modules in the Financial Coordinator Course (FCC), Field Finance Management Course (FFMC), and other ad hoc workshops as necessary;
- Responsible to plan and conduct field visit covering at least 75% of missions per year and reports on recommendations to missions’ Country Management Team and Operations Managers and support team at HQ;
- Plans and organises cash flow planning and analysis to ensure missions maintain sufficient liquidity levels to meet operational needs while minimizing associated security risk, advises and guides on local fund transfer methods.
- Ensures a high quality of Balance Specifications reports by conducting regular checks on balance sheet accounts and giving advice and recommendations;
- Ensures the annual financial closure procedures are properly implemented in the missions. Provides support during HQ audits in preparing the required financial overviews, reports, and documentation.
- Responsible for the integrity of financial proposals and reports. Provides mission-specific support and advice on donor reports, local audits, taxation, and local reporting, and proactively monitors mission-specific compliance issues;
- Ensures implementation of financial internal control mechanisms in missions. Monitors that inventory of all financial risks in mission is conducted, analysed and actioned and completes a financial health check during field visits; supports the internal audit process, and supervises the implementation of corrective actions;
- Higher qualification in Finance or Business Administration
- MSF experienced Financial Coordinator with at least 2 different missions/ >18 months with MSF, preferably OCA
- Active knowledge of accounting and financial management
- Experience in ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral) is essential and fluency in French is preferred
- Experience/knowledgeable in donor management (financial proposals and reports) would be an asset
- Willing and able to challenge operational decision making
- Willingness and availability to travel to the field on a regular basis
- Competencies: Analytical thinking, problem analysis, advisory skills, service oriented
Field HR Applications Referent (Homere)
- Guarantee that all MSF missions develop and put in place a payment plan complying with the local legal requirements.
- Guarantee that the financial costs associated to missions payrolls are managed with rigor while complying the accountability.
- Guarantee that all missions are ready to pay all salaries, taxes, and contributions on time
- Leads the design of IT solutions linked to the strategic field HR objectives: mobility, staff development, local staff career management, organisational design…
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATIONAL CHART
The Field HR Homere Referent is part of the HRM Unit will work close to the HR Advisors (HQ) and the HRCo and PAM in the field. This position requires a person with initiative and autonomy to work with limited support from the HRM team (mainly alignment cross check) with a link to different stakeholders as required.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
At the same time, she/he represents OCBA in the Homere Group (platform of homologues from the other OC where the global needs are decided and validated).
In some tasks, he/she works together with the HOMERE IT specialist (ERP HR/FI & Payroll Applications Technician) validating the solutions proposed when pertinent.
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Related to the payroll system:
- Analyses the legal frame of MSF missions and defines the “payment plan” for each mission working with the HRCO and PAM.
- Monitors / follows legal changes in the different labour markets and adapts the payment plan accordingly.
- Guides the work of HRCo and PAM to guarantee the MSF legal compliance related to the “payment plan”
- Coordinates the prioritization of the Field Payroll functional needs and validates Payroll system solutions’ new releases as per these business requirements to enhance the organizational business delivery.
- Defines a training strategy for all Homere users that guarantees the most performant use of the tool
- Defines and implements user protocols (data quality protocols, payroll procedure, data analysis statistics…) and monitors que performance quality,
- Maintains and update all necessary parameters, tables, and data of the specified applications (Homere) for all missions.
Related to Field HR operational challenges
- Designs IT solutions to Field HR functional needs deciding whether they can be addressed through Homere or any other HR application (staff development, career management, performance follow-up, mobility…)
- Represents OCBA in the Homere Group with decision making capacity to discuss common interOC developments and priorities.
- Defines and manages the budget for new developments.
- Monitors data quality and contributes to the elaboration of specific reports to support the field HR function.
- Interacts with the data manager in the HR Department providing ready to use files for the elaboration of global reports.
Related to IT functionalities
- From a solid knowledge of the Homere technical structure, works together with the IT Business Analyst in the definition of the Functional and Technical specifications and the implementation of its associated technical solution.
- Identifies any improvement that Homere, as a tool, needs to be implemented based on challenges the users have or on the business needs.
- Validates developed technical solutions as per prioritized business requirements.
- Approves the delivered configuration.
- Monitors the data transfer from the missions to HQ, timely and with accuracy.
- Is a key player in the system validation tests and procedures of the systems belonging to the Field HRIS functions and does the final approval.
Related to building user’s capacity
- Creates and maintains appropriate user reference guides and training modules in coordination with IT Homere Referent.
- Delivers training to HR Field Homere users to maintain their appropriate knowledge in the Homere use.
- Provides functional support to the Homere users (PAM, Administration Manager…) in the MSF Field missions to ensure accurate Payroll delivery and data quality.
- Interacts with the homologues of other OC in the platforms resulting from the Intersectional Homere Governance system.
- Contribute to the sharing of knowledge to the organization in the areas under his/her responsibility
Education and experience
- University Degree preferably related to Business Administration / HR Management. Desirable to have knowledge on computing science.
- Desirable relevant experience (3 years) working in one of the following areas:
- Field HR positions with MSF, with hands-on experience working with Homere. Having worked as well in Field Finance positions will be an asset.
- Similar positions with HRIS tools and international experience, preferably with a NGO. Having worked with Homere is an asset.
- Desirable experience in software implementation and/or support to end-users
- Languages: Fluent in French, Spanish, and English.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Initiative and Innovation
- Capacity to negotiate
- Teamwork and Cooperation