Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Data Science jobs,Research jobs, Insurance jobs, Actuarial Science jobs,
- The job holder will be responsible for management of organization records from various departments and branches in the centralized Records Canter. Ensure Availability, Organization, Safety and Disposal of records.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain suitable Records Management System.
- Ensure management of Records within the guidelines of Records and Archives Management Policies and Procedures.
- Uphold Records and Business confidentiality by ensuring controlled access and responsible sharing of records.
- Regularly follow up, verify, and facilitate transfer of records created at the branch and departments to the Records Center.
- Carry out classification, indexing and cataloguing of records.
- Regularly review and appraise records to ensure transfer and storage from one storage level to another.
- Regularly separate permanent and vital records from non-permanent records and ensure adequate storage of permanent records.
- Facilitate scanning and meta-data capture of electronic records.
- Ensure management of Archival records in line with DIRKS principle.
- Develop and maintain appropriate document tracking and finding aid.
- Co-ordinate and carry out retrievals, circulation, scanning and re-file of requested documents.
- Ensure order and organization of records stored at the Records Center.
- Facilitate the destruction of non-permanent records in line with records Retention and Disposal policy guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to Records and Archives Management.
- Mailbag and letters management
- Courier Management
- Carry out any other duty that may be assigned by the records supervisor from time to time.
Team Leader Corporate Business
- The incumbent will support the business acquisition through competitive pricing of Group Life/credit life businesses in order to on board and retain more business. This would also require that the price charged on the life assured is commensurate with the risk through professional underwriting. The Job entails ensuring that set underwriting guidelines, reinsurance arrangements and compliance requirements are followed to determine policy acceptance and terms of the policy acceptance.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop pricing strategy across all business lines to drive RFO/maintain profitability and align with business objectives and goals ( group life/credit, Bancassurance and Last expense lines of business)
- Ensure provision of timely and accurate group life quotes to the business development team which should be competitive as per the compliance matrix.
- Ensure adherence to pricing guidelines in line with the industry guidelines this to help manage the loss ratios.
- Manage relationships with clients and ensure that Service Level Agreement standards are met or exceeded in all engagements.
- Drive retention of the existing business including renewal discussion in line business process and market intelligent information.
- Create collaborative relationships with other departments (underwriting/pricing, claims, BD and product development) to determine value additions, process improvements designed to enhance the customer experience.
- Manage time and workloads to ensure that deadlines and targets are met as per the KPI.
- Retain relations with intermediaries in respect to acquisition and retention of business.
- Provide weekly reports and business priced versus closed to establish closure rate.
- Ensure all external and internal compliance processes are always followed in respect to pricing.
- Efficient hand over of schemes won to the account handler of servicing with all required documents received.
- Testing of group life system to ensure that underwriting is efficient from end to end.
- Providing weekly pricing reports to management.
- Ensure proper records are kept on onboarding of schemes (final quotes done and confirmation of benefit structures).
- Assist in carrying out underwriting of received medical reports within two days after receipt
- Timely and accurate calculation and preparation of costing schedules for group life, group credit and mortgage protection schemes to drive speedy invoicing and reporting.
- Ensure adherence to underwriting guidelines – Medical compliance and FCL capping where medical are not provided.
- AML and Audit compliance as per the company policy and guidelines and SOP are adequately updated and signed by relevant stakeholder.
- Carry out monthly/Quartely scheme reconciliations and agreeing on the correct scheme premium position for all schemes.
- Preparation of accurate member certificate/policy documents where required and submitting to clients as required.
- Follow up on renewal confirmation 60 days before renewal dates and ensuring collection in conjunction with credit control where applicable.
- Utilize existing client’s data to up-sell other corporate products i.e. additional GL benefits or value addition during the renewal.
- Reassurance management- Build relationship with Reassurance, Re- broker and other co-insurance to ease business placement, intel and other industry best practice matter.
- Liaising with the relevant departments to ensure monthly reinsurance, Valuations and Production reports are done within the prescribed timelines.
- Ensuring adherence to all the new business on boarding processes procedures and controls within the underwriting department.
- Responding to all queries within agreed timelines.
- Producing weekly and monthly management reports within the agreed timelines.
- Conducting training to clients, intermediaries and new staff joining in additional to coaching and mentoring the team.
- Support the team to ensure deliverable are adhered to as per the TATs and KPI.
- Ensure that team is well equipped to deliver within an enabling environment and feedback is given to staff as and when and at the required appraisal periods.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good assessment and analytical skills
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Knowledge of insurance market
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Good product knowledge
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Product and process knowledge
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven analytical skill
- Possess excellent arithmetic skills.
- Self-starter who shows initiative and can work under minimal supervision
- Customer service to both internal and external stake holders
- Undergraduate Degree in Commerce (Insurance Option), Actuarial Science or Business related.
- Professional qualifications in Insurance such as AIIK,CII, COP added advantage.
- At least 4years’ experience in a similar role.