Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Accounting jobs, Finance jobs,Business Management jobs, Economics jobs, Project Management jobs,Software Engineering jobs, NGO jobs, Operations Jobs,
Global Operations Advisor
(NOTE:2023 UN Jobs - Ongoing Recruitment. Get More Details Here.)
Advise and recommend appropriate courses of action to Senior Director, on operational issues. Has authority to act on behalf of Senior Director in certain circumstances. Member of operational leadership team, proving analysis, counsel, advice and monitoring, coordination on operational issues to the team/Senior Director,
Works directly with Regions, Support Offices and the Global Centre leaders to fulfil GFO operations plan and Partnership Core Initiatives.
Responsible for diversified operational duties for Senior Director involving exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
Supports ROs and NOs performance towards maximizing impact and minimizing risk, with special focus on metrics, strategy alignment and coordination across entities
Contributes to the coordinated partnership wide effort of NOs and ROs to align with Our Promise Going Further by managing Partnership metrics, collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and integrating various NO & RO performance metrics in order to recommend course correction.
Also supports Senior Director in managing operational risks within Global Field Operations in coordination with functional areas of support (Security, Finance, Audit, P&C). Relationship management of matrixed relationships with SDOs
Manage projects and on-going activities within GFO to contribute to the fulfilment of Our Promise Going Further
- Manage reporting including the administration, coordination and analysis of NO alignment with Our Promise Going Further and progress towards strategy targets
- Working with SREI and MI to track and support scale up of CPM, shift to most fragile, focus on the MVC etc.
- Manage the roll out and implementation of the Strategy Scorecard at field level.
- Communications: prepare executive briefings for Senior Director and Partnership Leader, identify critical issues and trends; prepares pre reads and presentations for SRSC and ExL that communicates the narrative behind the analysis that reflect the progress and challenges of the field in fulfilling Our Promise Going Further.
- Work with the ROs to guide and support the appropriate use of this data to make informed decisions to shifts in geographic locations and programming focus to fulfil Our Promise Going Further and ensure mutual accountability for programme qualityManagement of Global Performance Metrics: Global National Office Dashboard (GNOD), Annual Strategy Review (ASR), SST performance program support team, FO Strategy Scorecards, etc. Lead and manage the process to change SST mandate, including the of annual SST self-reviews, PQSRT reflections, annual strategy reviews, etc.
- Review and revise and recommend enhancements to current GFO managed metrics to ensure learning, agility and alignment to Our Promise Going Further
- Selects, develops and recommends to Senior Director new metrics and data that will enhance Global Field Operations in decision making
- Analyze and interpret data, provide recommendations to Senior Director based on performance trends, gaps, risks and potential action plans. Work directly with RLs and SDOs on plans to improve metrics
- Provide end to end project management of specific Global Field Operations Initiatives, such as Operations Portal, the F&D Gap Funding, field simplification, etc.
- Coordinates and integrates plans, dependencies and schedules across multiple projects.
- Ensures process and project management standards application consistency across multi-regional projects.
- Resolves or escalates resource and schedule conflicts between projects.
- Assesses risk on project and programme level and ensures proactive risk mitigation strategies are in place
- Support implementation of the Partnership priority initiatives including: LEAP 3, Horizon, Provision, shared services, ERM, etc
- Interface with SDOs to drive progress towards project deliverables
- Lead the Horizons Operations Core Committee (HOpsC) supporting strategic decisions made by the Ministry GTD Steering Group
- Escalate major risks and concerns to the Ministry GTD SG
- Prioritize Programmatic system change requests to enhance user experience, simplify and enhance business continuity and improve World Vision’s ability to evidence impact
- Review and monitor change management processes related to Horizon change requests per agreed scope within HOpsC
- Supports Senior Director in the follow-up of sensitive issues that require correction and compliance with regard to significant audit, security and risk findings.
- Any other support to the Senior Director, Field Operations in fulfilling her role as required.
- Relationship management with Regions to resolve operational issues
- Lead GFO engagement with SOMI (Support Office Ministry Impact group) as and when required to ensure the right level of feedback and engagement with SO programmers.
- Represent GFO and the field in select working groups/initiatives to ensure GFO alignment in the delivery of Our Promise Going Further, such as Child Sponsorship Funding Model Advisory Group, Environmental Stewardship Advisory Group, COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force, etc.
- Provide support to Regional offices to fulfil their mandate as and when required
- Lead and coordinate monthly Regional Programme Quality call with each region to discuss and share key initiatives and updates linked to GFO’s priorities and Our Promise Going Further
- Minimum 5 years operations, programme/project management roles working with multiple projects in international organisations.
- Recent experience working in an Operations, Programming, Grant or Strategy role in a World Vision Field or Regional Office Extensive international experience in working across cultures and within complex organizational structures
- Broad knowledge and deep understanding of different aspects of operations and its associated business processes within World Vision Field and Regional Offices
- Excellent analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Critical thinking and capability of generating consistently accurate and useful information to inform strategic planning and decisions.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, collaborative, facilitation and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage teams and consultants through effectively
- A broad understanding of nonprofit operations and commitment to World Vision´s objectives, ethos, core ministries, Mission Statement and Core Values is mandatory.
- Critical thinking and capability of generating consistently accurate and useful information to inform strategic planning and decisions.
- Must be highly self-motivated and driven to succeed in a fast-paced working environment with a bias for action.
- Strength in building and managing effective work relationships with both local and dispersed colleagues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with many different functions, cultures and levels in the organization
Data Analytics Program Manager, VisionFund International
- Credit scoring platform. Support VisionFund International (VFI) Credit function and Digitisation team in decision on the selection of vendor/consultant for the credit scoring platform. VFI has identified global or regional partners. The MFI is responsible for local implementations and the Data manager is responsible for compliance with VFI standards and policy.
- Training and equipping Micro-Finance Institutions (MFIs) in Data Analysis. Will work with MFI’s in the use of data warehouse to improve portfolio performance and quality. The Data manager ensures that data integrity is maintained and information is submitted in a timely manner. Ensures both Core Banking and Financial (Sun6) systems are integrated with data warehouse.
- Strategy Realisation. Developing informational dashboards for VisionFund Strategy and Leadership, to enable data-driven decisions to strengthen operations and improve Network performance
- Data Governance and Standards. Establish and convene a steering committee for establishing standards in Operational, Financial and Impact data standards. Partner with World Vision Data team to ensure access and integration with relevant impact reporting across the Partnership
Required qualifications and experience
- 7-10+ years of business analysis and/or consulting experience
- 3 years of experience in software engineering and/or data analysis
- 5 years of financial analysis and modeling
- Understanding of microfinance/banking operations, from a financial risk perspective
- Educated to degree level, in information technology or related discipline
- Project management certification and/or qualification
- Proficient with data visualization (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2 or related project management qualification/certification
Travel and/or Work Environment
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel internationally, potentially 25% – 30% of the time.
- Able to work from home if required
- Preference for Spanish and/or French, in addition to English
Chief of Party – USAID/Kenya Feed the Future project – Scaling Inclusive Food Systems
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Coordination and Management
- Provide overall strategic vision and leadership for project implementation including drafting project work plans and leading the successful implementation of annual work plans and budgets
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to consortium partners on effective strategies to realize Inclusive sustainable agriculture-led economic growth; strengthened resilience among people and systems as well as well-nourished women and children
- Put in place coordination mechanisms for effective project delivery among the consortium partners
- Foster integrated vision, coordination and synergy building with other WVK, government and other partners initiatives in target areas
- Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent for optimal performance.
- Manage team dynamics and staff well-being; provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Oversee the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff.
- Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for project and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high-quality training and technical assistance.
- Approve program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to donors.
- Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyse and respond quickly to deficiencies.
- Coordinate relationships with consortium partner organizations, including organization of review/planning workshops. Contribute to coordination of the roles and activities of staff from other consortium member organizations in implementation in line with WVK partnership principles.
- Manage subcontractors to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements
- Ensure all staff understand and adhere to WVK staff safety and security policies and plans, and ensure the updating of such plans.
- Ensure program implementation in compliance with USAID standards, WVK Policies & Procedures and aligned to acceptable financial & operational audit results.
- Ensure inclusion of cross cutting themes including gender, youth, conflict sensitivity, disability and social inclusion
- Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders.
Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure the project is designed and implemented to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability.
- Ensure accurate and quality Annual Operation Plan (AOP) and Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for the program in place and utilized
- Ensure accurate and quality Program Design Documents (PDD) are on file
- Put in place effective monitoring and reporting systems to guide consortium partners
- Ensure the program quality standards adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures.
- Provide oversight related to project results, reporting, analysis, and the use of strategic information to drive performance across the project
- Actively identify, manage and mitigate issues and risks related to project implementation at the national and regional levels and propose risk mitigation strategies and solutions for project adjustments
- Ensure the relevant project measurements (baseline, mid-term, end-line and any other study) are accurately and promptly conducted and results utilized to inform program management
- Ensure effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and partner deliverables, and overall compliance with USAID regulations and WVK policies and procedures
- Work with MEAL Manager ensure effective reflection and learning forums and documentation of project success for internal and external communication
Engagement, Networking and Fundraising
- Oversee the development of communication strategies and materials, complying with donor and WVK branding and marketing requirements and procedures.
- Coordinate relationships with consortium partner organizations, including organization of review/planning workshops and coordination forums.
- Maintain effective and open communication throughout the project with USAID, WVK Directors, project teams, and other relevant stakeholders
- Represent the project at meetings and events with the USAID, Government of Kenya, the business community, non-profits, and other stakeholders
- Build and Maintain effective communications and pro-active relationships with partners including the county government and the donor
- Collaborate with line ministries and departments in providing technical support and assistance to the program
- Support implementing staff to successfully engage with key internal and external stakeholders for improved trust, business development services, expanded investment in food security initiatives i.e. technology, infrastructure, skills and information
- Ensure that all consortium partners are equipped with pre-requisite capacity to effectively deliver on their mandate. Participate in public forums and events as appropriate.
- Pro-actively identify program expansion and scale up opportunities through public and private partner investments
Advocacy: Policy and Budget Influence
- Coordinate advocacy and policy influence initiatives of the program at county and national level
- Ensure competitive/strengthened public and private of institutions and systems
- Foster co-creation and partnership between community, private sector and county governments
- Influence on policy review initiated for effective governance policy and institutions as necessary
- Increase the visibility of WVK and USAID by maintaining active engagement and advocacy on project related matters
- Ensure that staff capacity around policy and advocacy well built.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in business management, agriculture, economics, project management or other closely related field relevant to the position
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant, Chief of Party experience managing and implementing partnerships with the private sector to foster economic development.
- At least 10 years of experience working with the private sector, agribusiness development, and market systems preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant, Chief of party experience managing and implementing partnerships with the private sector to foster economic development
- Demonstrated experience as chief of party for USAID or other donor market systems, agriculture, or related development programs of similar or greater scope and complexity;
- Prior experience with several of the following areas of expertise: inclusive market systems development, private sector engagement, value chain development, climate smart and/or resilient agriculture, nutrition/food security, policy and advocacy
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships
- Strong systems thinking and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture with ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities with ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally and strategic on how to approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Good understanding of gender and diversity issues and commitment to addressing inequalities in all the key areas of responsibility
- Knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with consortium partners ,private sector, government officials, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Experience working in the Kenya context will be an added advantage
Senior Grants Accountant – PDU & WFP
- Financial Reporting and Accountability
- Budget Management & Control
- Policy Management & Internal Control
- Risk Management & Internal Control
- Record Keeping & Other Finance Duties
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in business related field (Accounting, Finance) or another relevant field.
- Accounting professional qualification- Chartered/Certified Accountant finalist- (CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification.
- Over 5 years working experience managing donor funded grant and/or Contracts.
- Working experience with UNICEF, SHF, EU, WFP, DRA, Irish Aid and other government& multilateral funded grants is desired.
- Experience managing contracts will be an added advantage.
- Experience in working with partner organizations (INGOs and LNGOs) and subgrants management.
- Experience in proposal development and negotiating the same with partner agencies and donors.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
- Sound knowledge of project management cycle.
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures and accruals.
- Fragile context experience is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Computer applications (Excel, Sun systems, Word etc.)