Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Communications & Engagement Intern
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn and apply ABCG standards on assignments.
- Assist to organize and draft social media posts on ABCG’s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn sites on conservation issues affecting Africa.
- Build connections on social media.
- Learn to draft engaging articles and messages for the ABCG website, e-newsletter and external publications, including brochures, and fact sheets.
- Assist in organizing, planning, and coordinating outreach events including brown bag lectures, roundtables, and workshops.
- Assist to manage ABCG’s listserve and other contact lists.
- Keep abreast with sector updates for outreach, communication and collaboration opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this internship should be a current undergraduate or graduate student with a concentration in communications, marketing, or public relations, with a strong interest/background in conservation. Additionally, the ideal candidate would possess:
- Interest/background in wildlife conservation, foreign policy, climate change, and other conservation issues.
- Ability to work independently, and to collaborate effectively as a member of a team.
- Basic website and social media competency.
- Good writing skills.
- An eye for details — from grammar to new opportunities.
- A great attitude and desire to learn.
- Commitment of minimum 20 hours/week.
- Graphic design skills are welcome.
- Constant Contact or other email marketing experience is a plus.
This internship is unpaid; however, a travel stipend will be provided.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)