Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
To enable the intern acquire on-the-job skills while supporting the team under Policy Research and Advocacy Unit at KAM in carrying out their day to day research and policy advocacy functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the officers under Research and Fiscal Policy Section of KAM in running their day-to-day operational activities including conducting research and data analysis;
- Assist in to key in data under the duty remission programme and filing of applications;
- Support in compilation of manufacturing industry data for use in bi-monthly research reports, manufacturing barometer and policy tracker;
- Updating KAM database for manufacturing indicators;
- Support officers in responding to requests for information from members and other stakeholders with regards to research and fiscal policy matters;
- Assist in the section’s research initiatives by retrieval of relevant documents, data entry and other logistical support to research as may be given by the Manager/ Officer;
- Newspaper review of issues relevant to manufacturers;
- Making follow-up with members in case of a survey, request for meetings, seminars or workshops;
- Taking notes during meetings, seminars and workshops;
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of PRAU and /or the CEO.
Qualifications/ Person specifications;
- Hold a degree in economics or international business or research and statistics related discipline.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate ability to collaborate with other functions;
- Must possess data collection, analysis, report writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and to switch between different tasks as required;
- Must demonstrate good organization skills and ability to work with minimal supervision and meet targets and deadlines.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualifying candidates should complete the online application form and submit their CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the words “PRAU Intern” on the email subject line so as to reach us not later than January 28, 2019. Click on Link to apply here: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.