Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Accounting jobs, Business Administration jobs, Finance jobs,
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with senior management to develop financial strategies for the organization. You are comfortable handling large amounts of data, acting as a business partner, decision maker, and providing regular financial reporting.
You will ensure strong accounting and reporting standards throughout the country, including overseeing and monitoring an effective control environment and providing strategic information and advice to the management team. This position is process-driven, incorporating various tasks such as preparing financial statements, budget reports, forecasts, cost analysis reports, profit or loss statements, as well as making recommendations for spending or cost cuts.
Policies, Procedures, Operations
- Support the Country Director and CFO in overseeing the financial management of the various clinics, including monthly cash flow and financial reporting, audits, cash allocations, and budgeting forecasting and planning.
- Ensure that billing for all dialysis centers is compliant with the company standards and the standard of our hospital and insurance partners.
- Monitor account receivable and liaise with relative partners to minimize payment time
- Ensure that the company is compliant with taxation and statutory requirements, including preparing and generating the necessary statutory filings for PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and any other statutory requirements to ensure compliance with all tax law.
- Constantly reviewing work practices and financial procedures for better operational efficiency, minimizing and mitigating risk of fraud/leakage and proactively raise management attention potential issues in accounts, financial processes and controls. This includes doing audits at country level on a regular basis.
- Managing payroll policies, processes, and procedures in line with guidelines and cycle.
- Building and developing systems – setting up highly efficient financial systems that take into account the highly technical payment, cash management, payroll and financial operating systems of a rapidly scaling, geographically distributed multi-unit operations. These systems need to be highly efficient or automated, data-driven, transparent and appropriate for Kenya.
Strategy, Budgeting, Forecasting & Modelling:
- Work with the Country Director and CFO to assess the financial impact of strategic initiatives.
- Develop financial and non-financial key performance indicators and the appropriate reporting to assess financial and operational performance across the Company.
- Support fundraising efforts, proposal and concept note development and budgeting.
Accounting and Financial Reporting:
- Managing and coordinating the budgetary process for the business and financial forecast
- Leading in the preparation of management and financial accounts and provision of financial information to the Country Director and CFO for business decision making
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory reporting requirements, international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Implementing and advising on the financial systems, procedures, policies for quality and expense control and administrative system.
- Accurately and proficiently maintaining orderly accounts, including entering all financial transactions in Quickbooks (or other future accounting software in use by the Company), ensuring Bank and Petty Cash reconciliation, and maintaining fixed asset registrar and accrued expense registrar.
- Maintain the filing system of all financial reports, field wire requests, bank reconciliations; field accounts review certifications and other finance documentation.
- Coordinate with the supply chain officer/manager to ensure inventory balances are updated regularly for all additions, deletions, and changes in inventory.
- Manage the external audit process for financial statements; ensure that Company is in compliance with internal policies and relevant regulations.
- Mentor and train finance team members
- Manage relationships with others across the Group to achieve agreed metrics in key business strategies and decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience; with a CPA (K) qualification.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the private or public sector, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership.
- Strong understanding of Kenyan tax and labour laws.
- Proven success stories of how your work has been used to make critical business decisions that have delivered real business value.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work through sensitive political contexts and develop strong relationships with government officials and multilateral organizations.
- Ability to work with limited budgets and human resources without extensive structural or operational support.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and flexibility, respectful of local norms and culture, ability to work with humility and urgency.
- Comfortable with International Finance Reporting Standards working across multiple countries (e.g. Kenya, Mauritius, Tanzania, Rwanda).
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks, Sage, ETC) and HR management software.
- Passion for AHN’s Mission.