Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs,
The nurse will assist in the daily running of the clinic to ensure patients get quality and timely care in line with AHF and Kenya government standards. S/he will act as a team leader within the scope of the practice guidelines as dictated by practice of Nursing. This position will be based in Mombasa.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- Assist and work together in support of all the CCC activities with the clinical team.
- Integration of healthcare services to CCC target areas-CWC, family planning and other clinics.
- Support of the community component of program including outreaches and mobilizations for care and
- Organize follow up of clients who have defaulted treatment and care.
- Lead and support educational sessions at the CCC.
- Support the formation and management patient support groups at the CCC.
- Triage clients at clinic.
- Provide skilled nursing procedures
- Attend and participate in team conferences as requested.
- May act as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered
- May supervise care given by other cadres including, Medical Assistants, ART Aides and Phlebotomists.
- Provides patient and family education.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognized medical training college.
- Registration by the Nursing Council of Kenya with a valid current license
- Minimum of at least 3 years’ experience providing clinical care
- Prior experience treating HIV positive patients and familiarity with current HIV&AIDS, TB management practices and protocols
- Experience in leading a team and building capacity in resource-limited settings will be an added advantage.
If you strongly feel you are the right person for the job, please send an application with your updated CV demonstrating why you are the best fit, to Globalhr.Africa@aidshealth.org on or before 16t h January 2022. AHF is an equal opportunity employer.