Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO & Charity jobs, Admin & Office jobs,
Chief of Staff
Two (2) years
Nairobi, Amref Health Africa HQ Office
Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 and has since grown to become the largest African-based international health development organisation; currently implementing more than 140 programs, directly reaching more than 12 million people across 35 African countries. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in eight countries in Africa, including Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Malawi, South Sudan, Zambia and Senegal. Amref’s work in each country responds to local needs and priorities strengthen existing capacities in communities to take control of their health and strengthen the local health systems. An additional eleven advocacy and fundraising offices are located in Europe and North America. In the spirit of Ubuntu, partnership and networking are key elements of Amref Health Africa’s approach.
Amref Health Africa is driven by its vision of ‘Lasting health change in Africa’ and its mission ‘To increase sustainable health access to communities in Africa through solutions in human resources for health, health service delivery, and investments in health’. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit www.amref.org.
To perform a wide range of office support and administrative functions supporting the Group Leadership team and specifically assigned to the Chief of Staff and the Group Director of Partnerships and External Affairs. This support should be extended to other members of GLT, however priority should be given to the needs of staff in the offices of the Chief of Staff and Director of Partnerships and External Affairs.
Support to Chief of Staff and Director of Partnerships and External Affairs
• Prepare meeting agendas; record and disseminate meeting minutes. Follow up on actions.
• Assist in the preparation of presentation materials including reports. Draft official letters, memos and responses to routine correspondence and other communications, especially to external partners.
• Ensure correctness of language and format as per Amref’s branding guidelines.
• Create calendar of key tasks (monthly review of cost center expenses, staff appraisal due dates, report due dates, etc.)
• Schedule internal/external meetings and managing calendar.
• Handle all *FRANCC agenda, report and document uploads to Board Effect; sending out meeting invitations and recording minutes.
*Fundraising and Communications Committee meeting
• Carry out day to day administrative duties as required. This includes scheduling and coordinating meetings (workshops, conference, etc.)
• Coordinates support financial, logistical, administrative, and procurement processes utilizing the ERP and relevant Amref policies and procedures.
• Serve as liaison with support functions across Amref. Utilize appropriate platforms and process for all requisitions, partner management, for example, CRM, ERP, PRs, invoices and LPOs.
• Create filing system for both offices to facilitate a highly organized and smooth functioning unit.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
• Work closely with other administration staff across Amref especially those attached to the HQ Executive Office.
• Organize travel and accommodation for trips. Process payments, invoices, reimbursements and other relevant transactions.
• Provide visa application requirements; assist in their processing as per requirement both from the team as well as the embassy.
• Ensure proper on boarding of new office staff.
• Receive visitors and act as the first point of reference to all queries to the Executive Office (Wing).
• Keep the reception area neat and tidy at all the times.
• In charge of receiving and dispatching correspondences, including clearing of in-trays, office incoming and outgoing calls as well as recording down messages and follow up on the same to ensure action has been taken by the responsible Leaders.
• Check and sign for deliveries, before informing the relevant member of the leadership team by either post or courier.
• Ensure the offices are securely locked at the close of business.
• Contribute to areas of interests and special projects as approved by a GLT member.
• Serve as a backstop to other administrative staff within the Executive Wing.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
• Diploma and specialized training in an area of office administration and management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Administration or other related field is an added advantage.
• Minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience; two (2) years if with Bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience in supporting multi-disciplinary teams.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• A person who presents a high degree of maturity, confidentiality and discretion, honesty, trust, and integrity.
• Excellent planning and organizing skills. High attention to detail and focus on quality of work.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
• A strategic thinker who is adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes.
• Able to work independently, take initiative and is results oriented.
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills an adaptable, reliable, flexible problem-solver.
• Cultural awareness and the ability to work collaboratively in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be November 10, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.