Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
NGO jobs, Project Management jobs, Business Administration jobs, AMREF jobs,
Manager, Project Operations
For assigned projects, the Manager, Project Operations serves as part of the corporate management team. The specific purpose of the position is to manage implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, AHI Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations. The position periodically contributes to the development of policies, processes and procedures that align with best practice in project management.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
KEY AREA MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Management (Operations)
- Plan and manage the operational aspects of project start-up and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from corporate services, service providers and stakeholders;
- Serve as the primary liaison between corporate services and the project;
- In collaboration with shared services, provide training and guidance to project staff on and ensure compliance with company policies,
- SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations (covering as required security, occupational health and safety, risk management,
- planning, human resource management, monitoring, reporting, finance, procurement, logistics, IT, communications, audit support and all other operational matters);
- Participate in the development and maintenance of project work plans;
- Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting (for example: Monthly Management Reports, quarterly Internal Project Reviews, project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables) and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose;
- Ensure project issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed and mitigated; escalate risks and issues to corporate/project leadership, as required.
- Head Contract and Client Relationship Management
- Monitor and maintain compliance with prime contracts;
- Monitor and report on overall progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities;
- Develop, manage and support contract amendments as required;
- Liaise with and respond to requests from clients;
- Provide regular or ad hoc reports to the clients;
- Support project advocacy with internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial Management
- Ensure company policies, SOPs and Guidelines for financial management are implemented and are compliant with the client’s rules and regulations;
- Ensure the project financial calendar is adhered to;
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements;
- Manage project financial/cash-flow planning, review and obtain approval for funding requests
- Manage and obtain approval for contract action requests – for example travel, personnel additions/changes, partner, grant, budget realignment, etc.);
- Ensure retention of project records.
- Human Resource Management and Recruitment
- Support project human resource planning and recruitment and contracting and coordinate inputs and support from the company’s HR and Recruitment teams;
- Lead the mobilisation and demobilisation of all international staff (short-term and long-term) including contracting, travel management, payments and induction.
- Attendance at all weekly and/or management team meetings;
- Provision of regular updates to the line manager;
- Monthly submission of operations financials and forecasts;
- Monthly updates on material matters and/or areas of concern;
- Provision of exception reports as required;
- Inputs to the Business Unit’s quarterly reports as required;
- Other reporting as requested by the line manager.
- Other Duties Analyse and make sound recommendations to the line manager;
- Oversee and manage Operations Associates as assigned;
- Contribute to process improvement through innovative and costeffective proposals/ideas/suggestions.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is highly preferred.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant work experience, with at least three (3) years’ experience in project management, two (2) years’ experience in a developing country or similar environment and two (2) years’ experience in people management, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
- Experience managing large and complex projects with a high-risk profile.
Knowledge and Skills
- Broad understanding of the analytical and policy issues in global health.
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent skills in health systems research, analysis and writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop respectful, positive relationships with a range of partners including policymakers and health care leaders. Communication skills and ability to convey difficult issues and positions to senior officials, sensitivity to local cultures.
- Ability to build and work with networks and thrive in risk and high-demand environments.
- Ability to liaise with clients, technical area specialists, corporate services, professional service
- providers, and other stakeholders as required.
- Formal Project Management training and expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
- Willingness to travel
- Approximately 60% of the time is spent in the office.
- Minimum of 40% spent in the field/project sites across the country.