Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs,
Emirates Group is currently seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified candidate for the following position: Finance Officer Emirates Airlines. To be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
To ensure the accurate and timely processing/ reconciliation of financial transactions for the region in the accounting system as per EKs financial procedures and in adherence with local legislation.
Job Accountabilities Linked To Objective Areas (Maximum Of 10)
- Ensure invoices are timely sent to central AP mailbox.
- Ensure supplier contracts are valid and where they are nearing expiry, ensure that revised contracts are in place in good time. Take active measures to update contracts in the required systems.
- Proactively switch from paper invoices to EDI format with suppliers to streamline process.
- Support satellite stations with regards to Payable related queries.
- Ensure that suppliers without contracts are reviewed and approved by HO accordingly.
- Take the lead in ensuring that suppliers are paid on time and ideally by EFT.
- Review various AP reports to ensure that errors are corrected timely to facilitate a smoother month end process.
- Respond to supplier queries in an efficient manner.
- Ensure BLS and CSR are timely uploaded by relevant Res/Apt/Cargo team in order for central services to receipt and allocate
- Ensure that daily sales and customer deposits are banked timely
- Support central services in reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Support capping and stock issuance for ticketing and cargo agencies.
- Closely monitor under-collections and work efficiently with Commercial to ensure action is taken timely. Take action with regards to disputed ADMs, post-billing disputes in BSPlink and ERP.
- Ensure Collection of outstanding debt from credit parties is timely as per Group Policy.
- Support satellite stations with regards to Receivables queries.
- Prepare timely monthly accruals
- Support GL reconciliation
- Prepare reports for local tax filing – VAT, WHT, WHVAT etc.
- Support central teams with Bank Reconciliation queries
- Assist with repatriation process to ensure that surplus funds are remitted to HO and working capital is maintained as per Group Policy.
- Assist Financial Controller where necessary in ad hoc projects.
- Support satellite stations with queries regarding GL
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate (Recognized professional accounting qualification to the standard of Chartered Accountant, CPA or similar preferred)
- 5 years of professional experience, of which 2 years must be in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of rules and procedures under the local laws to take care of statutory requirements as necessary
- Ability to function independently within an established framework and to be practical and innovative
- Proven experience in both supervising a finance function and in coaching and developing staff as well as experience in working in a large multinational and dealing with stakeholders from different countries.
- Proven ability to organize a busy work schedule, working under pressure and ensuring adherence to deadlines.
- Knowledge of taxation, statutory and compliance requirements.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular spreadsheets and ERP systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of airline accounting procedures and familiarity with IATA regulations with regard to Passenger/Cargo/Excess Baggage sales is advantageous.
- Other languages besides English: Knowledge of Arabic and/or French will be beneficial for regional support.
Candidates should have the right to live and work in Kenya
Salary & Benefits
Join Emirates Group growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays.