Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Equity jobs, Banking jobs,
Senior Manager- Operational Risk
Responsible for supporting implementation of the Group Operational Risk Framework and operational risk strategy across Equity Group subsidiaries.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To uphold the integrity of the Group’s operational risk / return decisions, and in particular for ensuring that operational risks are properly assessed, that risk / return and control cost / benefit decisions are made transparently on the basis of this proper assessment and are controlled in accordance with the Group’s standards and its Risk Appetite.
- To ensure Operational Risk policies and procedures and the Operational Risk Management Framework are effectively embedded and communicated across the Group.
- To provide a focal point of control over the aggregate level of operational risk in the Group that arises from end-to-end processes, including the design of effective controls and the systematic monitoring of process control effectiveness.
- Formulate, review and update operational risk policies, guidelines, processes and procedures throughout the Group.
- Develop and review comprehensive policies and procedures for third party risk management.
- Initiate, manage and execute operational risk governance, internal controls and processes with the overall objective of operational risk management, control awareness and enhancement to operational efficiency.
- Ensure full compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain oversight and monitoring of the operational risk management system and the quality of the generated operational loss data.
- Conduct operational risk assessments (i.e. bottom up process) to identify and evaluate risks and associated controls inherent to new and modified products, new and modified channels, new and modified services.
- Analyse and challenge the self-assessment results conducted by the first line of defense.
- Perform both qualitative and quantitative monitoring and reporting of the Group’s exposure to all types of operational risk, including trend analysis of risk profiles and review of the limits of operational risk regulatory and economic capital.
- Report and escalate operational risk events/incidents in a timely manner and monitor issue resolution to ensure timely responses are provided
- Compile operational risk reports, dashboards and metrics for management reporting.
- Undertake scenario analysis/assessment to identify potential operational losses and monitor operational risk profiles and material exposures to losses on an on-going basis.
- Promote positive risk culture and risk awareness across the Group by conduct training sessions on operational risk for staff, including content review and training delivery.
- Design, maintain and effectively communicate operational risk control parameters across the Group, including control standards, operational risk exposure limits and other control levers in order to maintain the Bank’s risk profile in line with the overall risk appetite.
- Challenge the completeness of risk identification, monitoring and control activities across Operational Risk Control Areas within the business & support functions and identify and address any significant gaps that may exist between them.
- Validate and challenge each department’s risk identification and assessment of inherent and residual risks arising from its end to end processes and identify any gaps.
- Recommend changes to the control environment or to business practice where necessary to reduce the level of operational risk exposure to within the agreed appetite.
- Provide balanced and informed assessment of operational risks arising from acquisitions and major change initiatives or Bank/Group projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- A master’s degree in business related field
- A risk management certification such – ORM (PRMIA); or PRM (PRMIA); or CORM (IRM) or FRM (GARP) among others.
- IT Risk related certification such as CRISC desired
- Relevant business/function experience of over ten years (Banking experience preferred).
- A clear understanding of the BASEL approach to the management of operational risk.
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation, leveraging resources across the organisation to complete deliverables.
- The sound judgement and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships
- Experience in performing Operational risk management role in Technology Department of a bank or Telco.
- Prior experience in implementation of third-party risk policy and framework.
- Experience in documenting relevant operational risk policies and procedures.
- Experience in BASEL III capital computation.