Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, G4S jobs,
Reporting to the Supervisor – Cash Secure Solutions, the Cashier will process cash for customers in a manner that confers security, safety, integrity, profitability and achievement of budgeted objectives. The Cashier will also conduct the preparation and balancing of Wage Packets; participate in pay parades and reconciliation with the customer; ensuring all notes are processed and sorted out in a controlled manner to minimize losses and avoid CBK penalties.
- Comply to the issued Group Reconciliation, Operational Cash Controls and the ISO Standards, Procedures and Policies
- Receive and accurately process customer collections for banking while maintaining proper records.
- Reconcile all receipts, payments and prepare the cash to be transferred to the vault
- In collaboration with the Supervisor; amalgamate cash and complete a treasury in slip; log the cash to the Vault; pack and seal the container; prepare a Loading Certificate and a CIT Receipt and ensure the till is held in the BSS Vault overnight.
- Obtain the envelops/packets and label them with Stickers provided by customer, packet the money as per the payroll and participate in the pay parades as per the instructions
- Carry out Cash sorting process as per CBK requirements; bundle the currency and label them appropriately; carry out routine cleaning of note sorting machines
- Proper utilization of equipment and timely reporting of any faulty equipment within the processing area to management for quick resolution
- Maintain sound and good relationship between Custodians, Vault Officers, Supervisors, Team Leads, Cashiers and respond to queries in a professional manner observing telephone etiquette.
- Adhere to the G4S Health and Safety Policy and take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Knowledge and Qualifications
- KCSE Mean Grade ‘C’ plain and above, grade C-in Mathematics
- Kenya legislation
- At least 3 years working experience in cash operations
- Knowledge / Experience in banking sector is an added advantage.
- Financial Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
- Google suite of products
Behavioral Skills – Support
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Deliver great customer service
Sharing and co-operating
- Behavioural Skills – Management
- Awareness of the marketing environment
- Delivering performance
- Working with complexity
- Managing professionally
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating