Aquaculture jobs, Aquaculture Economics jobs, Research jobs,
Research officer – Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and report on the technical, environmental, and economic aspects of IMTA.
- Support data collection and analysis in Kenya.
- Support the design and implementation of research and development activities in Africa, Asia, and the Pacific.
- Contribute to the achievement of the research deliverables of work package 2 of the BlueTech Superhighway project.
- Publish technical and outreach articles and support the publication of technical briefs and scientific articles.
- Collaborate and integrate with scientists for database development, data validation, data cleaning, and data quality checks (STATA/ SPSS and Ms. Excel) in support of work package 2 research.
- Work collaboratively with the Work package lead, Scientists, and Project Leader of the BlueTech Superhighway project.
- Mentor BSc students and interns from national and international universities and organizations, who are based in Kenya.
- Organize training for students and partners on data collection, curation, data quality, archiving & sharing.
- Plan, organize, execute, and report on project progress in support and collaboration with senior as well as junior staff/employees, MEL staff, and external partners.
- Master of Science in Aquaculture, Aquaculture Production Systems, Sustainable Aquaculture, Aquaculture Economics, or related fields.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the design and implementation of research activities, including several years in the development and execution of surveys and related data analyses, preferably within a research organization or international NGO.
- Demonstrated background in developing and implementing data analysis and in the publication of technical briefs and outreach articles.
- Ability to work within interdisciplinary research teams, linking own expertise to other fields, including human nutrition, value chains, climate change, scaling, and gender research fields.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain a professional network in the field of IMTA research.
- Logical thinking, strong analytical and mathematical skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Motivation for high-quality science and delivery of impact from research.
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English.