Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Data Science jobs, Research jobs, Social sciences jobs, Development studies jobs, Gender studies jobs,
Research Associate – gender transformative approach in a living lab
- Collect and collate data and information to Support the development of a gender transformative conceptual framework for the living lab for food system transformation research.
- Prepare relevant project reports and data sets to facilitate process of structural development of the living lab, focusing on power imbalances, gender transformation and inclusiveness.
- Develop and managestakeholder profiles in terms of power and inclusion together with WP colleagues and living lab partners.
- Identify and adopt innovative tools for capacity building and leadership on gender, youth and social inclusion, such as mentoring and coaching and people2people training, training on inclusive facilitation and GTA.
- In consultation with Mitigate+ gender experts, review inputs to ensure the inclusion and mainstreaming of gender transformative agenda in the living lab approach
- Coordinate and organize research activities, workshops, and conferences to facilitate organizational development, stakeholder integration and development of research agendas with PAR approaches.
- Bachelors Degree in social sciences, development studies, gender studies, extension with a minimum of five years relevant experience
- Background in promoting gender equality, gender transformative approaches, gender-responsive research and social inclusion
- Experience in social research, participation, gender, qualitative research methods,
- Facilitation and / or adult teaching skills
- Experience with conducting participatory research, stakeholder mapping and stakeholder engagement in Kenyan context.
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation for both basic quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience with use of software like R or STATA for quantitative data analysis, experience with NVIVO or similar qualitative research analysis software.
- General experience in agriculture related value chains, food systems, climate change and mitigation is a plus.
- Good communication and networking skills.
- Passionate about promoting gender equality and social inclusion.
- Ability to deal with resistance in a positive way, solution oriented.
- Either based in Rift Valley or with sound work experience in Nandi County.
- Fluency in English and Swahili, and preferably also Kalenjin.