Consultancy jobs, Monitoring and Evaluation jobs, Political Science jobs, Social Sciences jobs, Media jobs, Journalism jobs, Communication jobs,
Consultant – Policy, Advocacy and Influencing Work
Scope of Work
The overarching objective of this consultancy task is to provide guidance to the Re:BUiLD program in effectively measuring the impact of their policy and advocacy endeavors and thus , facilitating informed decision-making. The tasks at hand encompass advising on policy and advocacy measurement strategies, furnishing expert recommendations to IRC on adept methods to gauge the impact and success of the Re: BUiLD program’s policy and advocacy initiatives. This entails an assessment of existing measurement tools, an analysis of their efficacy, and the proposition of the most efficacious measurement approaches for day to day monitoring, as well as the endline evaluation, in close coordination with Re:BUiLD measurement and influence & adoption colleagues.
- Review and strengthen the intended outcomes and proposed key performance indicators (KPIs) that correlate with identified outcomes, outputs, and proposed activities. Identify any gaps, limitations, and propose areas for improvement in the current measurement methods.
- Collaborate with the program team to review and strengthen the Influence and adoption M&E Framework, particularly:
- Review and strengthen goals, sub-outcomes, and milestones.
- Review and strengthen all indicators and their related means of verification to ensure they are pertinent, quantifiable, and harmonious with the objectives of their policy and advocacy influencing. These indicators should encompass both quantitative metrics (such as alterations in policies or regulations) and qualitative gauges (such as shifts in public perception or awareness).
- Review and strengthen process and outcome targets to ensure feasibility and effectiveness.
- Review and strengthen the indicators’ means of verification indicating where and in what form information on the achievement of the overall objective, the specific objective, and the results can be found.
- Design, develop and test data collection tools as required for indicators tracking and program monitoring.
- Establish baseline guidance for each chosen indicator prior to the full implementation of policy and advocacy initiatives. This foundational data will serve as a reference point for evaluating the impact of these initiatives over time.
- Develop a comprehensive framework detailing how each indicator will be assessed, encompassing data sources, methodologies for data collection and measurement frequency. This framework must uphold data precision and uniformity.
- Set up a methodology for how the endline program evaluation should be conducted and recommend tools and systems that could be used for ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- An inception report encompassing the consultant’s interpretation of the task and the proposed methodology delineating how the assignment will unfold. The inception report will be subject to discussion and approval by IRC before the commencement of the assignment.
- A comprehensive work plan outlining the suggested activities and pivotal milestones, culminating in the final deliverables.
- Regular meetings with the Re:BUiLD team to assess each milestone before progressing to the next.
- A detailed final report containing recommendations for measuring policy and advocacy work, accompanied by an appended improved/strengthened I&A M&E framework including:
- reviewed goals, sub-outcomes, related indicators, baseline, means of verification and targets
- Detailed description of recommended monitoring techniques, routines, and data collection approaches.
- Be part of the dissemination workshop (organized by Re:BUiLD) to help staff understand the recommended measurement approaches
Skills and Experience
It is anticipated that this assignment will be conducted by a skilled and experienced consultant(s) or a firm which should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Monitoring and evaluation, Political Science, Social Sciences or related fields of study with 10 years demonstrated experience in policy and advocacy analysis and measurements.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up policy& advocacy M&E systems and frameworks. knowledge of key evaluation methods applicable to policy and advocacy work.
- Demonstrated successful practice in setting up and implementing measurement strategies for policy and advocacy work (demonstration of previous work required)
- Excellent understanding of global and East Africa specific policy environment and discussions.
- Skills in qualitative data collection and analysis approaches,
- Quality analysis, presentation, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
IRC is seeking a Moderator to be based in Hagadera under the direct supervision of a Senior Editorial Officer. The Moderator will be responsible for communicating directly with Julisha.Info users daily, replying to comments, messages, and questions.
- Engage users in conversations online based on the guidelines.
- Reply to messages and comments received on Julisha.Info social media channels with the help of the Signpost team and moderation guidelines.
- Collaborate with Senior Editorial Officers, Roving Service Mapping Officer, Protection Manager, and protection teams to develop thorough, vetted, well-researched answers.
- Where necessary, link or support the users with information on where/ how they can access services in relation to the service mapping information available.
- Feedback on representative and noteworthy comments and write an analysis of the month’s communications (including responses to posts, trends in conversation and information gaps).
- Share insights, feedback, cultural awareness, contextual knowledge, and learning with the wider team on an ongoing basis.
- Analyse information gaps amongst the affected populations to feed into future content creation.
- Keep up to date with all the new information put out on an ongoing basis and attend regular trainings as required.
- Track and analyze information requests on Julisha.Info social media channels to identify trends and/or issues and propose solutions and ideas to improve the effectiveness of the program’s communication strategies and activities.
- Support in management and capacity building of Julisha.Info Community staff.
- Follow protocol to escalate any communication from at risk cases to Protection team.
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Editorial Officer.
Position directly supervises: Julisha community staff.
- Typing speed of at least 30 words per minute
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Zendesk
- Ability to act with discretion, integrity, and diplomacy
- An understanding of the power and importance of accurate information and the ability to exercise strong judgement in ensuring all answers are accurate.
- High emotional intelligence
- Diploma or advanced relevant technical (such as media, journalism, communication) qualifications.
- Advanced oral and written Kiswahili, and English language skills. Knowledge of Arabic and/or Somali languages is an added advantage.
- Experience working with refugees, asylum seekers, displaced persons, refugee hosting communities
- At least one year of experience working with social medial platforms such as Facebook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, great attention to details and, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills with ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Basic knowledge of digital design