Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
NGO jobs, Education jobs, Statistics jobs, Community Development jobs, Project Management jobs,
About the Role
The project Officer will assist in the implementation of Educational activities of the Kilifi county Integrated WASH and Education Project (KIWEP) Project in Kilifi County He/she will directly report to the Field Coordinator.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Project planning and implementation (50%)
- Conduct social mobilizations, project target identifications, setting target criteria for the integrated project activities.
- Work closely with the Community focal persons in Mobilization, sensitization and general implementation of the project including handling beneficiaries complains.
- Development of project implementation plans and budgets within the project framework.
- Supporting and keeping track of day-to-day activities implementation at the selected sites.
- Preparation of weekly project implementation plans/acceleration plans
- Ensure timely implementation of project activities as per the work plan budgetary, standards and procedures
- Ensure filling of project documents in accordance with IRK policy and procedures.
- Assist in any other implementation duty assigned by line managers.
Monitoring, Documentation, Communications, and reporting (30%)
- Ensure the project target is achieved in line with project plans and result framework
- Assist in Developing project implementation tools including Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs), MEAL Plans, Procurement Plans, Communication plan, weekly/monthly work plans as may be necessary.
- Document community and stakeholders’ feedback and share with relevant stakeholders for appropriate action.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of project implementation at field Level.
- Prepare and submit timely monthly, quarterly, annually narrative, and financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the IRK’s MEAL System, Core humanitarian Standard (CHS) and other relevant policies.
Coordination and Networking (20%)
- Coordinate with other partners working in the area in support of programme,
- Represent IRK at relevant stakeholder forums as may be requested by the line Managers
Qualification and experience
- Preferably a university degree in education, social sciences, statistics, agriculture, community development, project management or any other related field.
- Minimum of at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position or project management in both emergency and development projects.
- Vast knowledge and experience in programme management cycle-planning, monitoring, evaluation, documentation/reporting /sharing and learning.
Personal skills and competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong beneficiary/local partner-service focus
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people as a member of multi-cultural teams.
- Ability to prioritize work, multitask and control processes.
- Experience in projects planning, Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Knowledge of the key issues and trends in Education
- Maturity, diplomacy, tact, and discretion, with strong negotiation skills.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of education in emergencies, education sector policy, child rights and protection issues
- Experiences of facilitating community-based training, capacity building school managements, skills/experience in peace initiatives-workshops, trainings, rallies, peace events. and awareness campaigns.
Method of Application
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, national Id card, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to: Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd September 2022.
Note: Please note that this recruitment shortlist will be done on a rolling basis.
Disclaimers: The Islamic relief does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process thus during the application, interviews processes, offer/ contract, or training.
ISLAMIC RELIEF KENYA
Kirichwa Road, Next to Kirichwa Heights Apartment
P. O Box 417 – 00202, KNH, Nairobi