Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Pharmaceutical Technology jobs, Hospital jobs,
Jumuia Hospital (Kaimosi) is seeking to fill the position of a pharmaceuticaltechnician immediately. Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Vihiga Kenya. The position holder will report to the Hospital Administrator.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Receive, verify prescriptions and dispense drugs in a timely manner within approved standards and procedures.
- Document errors and communicate them to the nursing and pharmacy staff
- Verify expiry dates of drugs prior to dispensing medication to patients/customers.
- Check that every label placed on the medications contains the correct patient name, drug, quantity and directions.
- Counsel patients on drug administration
- Receive, return and update drug credits on the system in a timely manner.
- Deliver drug discharges to patients in the ward where applicable
- Communicate out of stock and non-stock effectively and timely to prescriber and nurse and provide alternative choice or make arrangements to order promptly.
- Comply and observe the environmental health and safety measures and regulations by proper handling, storage and dispensation of medications
- Record, monitor and update the expiry list of medications in timely manner.
- Conduct Floor inspections once a month for all ward stock, solutions and patient medication left behind
- Complete documentation of Interventions, Medication errors and Near Miss, Adverse events, Medication queries, Patient complaints or any other incidents and forward to relevant office
- Perform random medication checks daily and monitor variance levels in your respective satellites.
- Maintain and update personal drug knowledge data base to ensure accurate provision of pharmaceutical care of general disease states as well as specialized knowledge in the assigned area of expertise
- Complete any other duties as may be assigned by the department supervisor or manager.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Registered with The Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
- Practicing License from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Computer literate
- More than 4 years’ experience
Interested and qualified? SEND YOU CV AND DOCUMENTS TO firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 24/11/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.