Computer Science jobs, Engineering jobs, Microsoft jobs,
Customer Experience Engineer
- The App and Dev team is a part of the Identity & Network Access (IDNA) engineering division within Microsoft’s booming Cloud & AI product group. We work with customers and partners from all over the world to drive service adoption and to shape the Microsoft Identity platform. The best of both worlds!
- In our role at ACE App & Dev, customer experience is pivotal. It is critical to understand real world complex scenarios, gather the voice of customers and partners, then feed into our product development cycle so that Microsoft can be a thought leader, especially in the space of Identity which we consider to be the control plane of the future. Work with our larger internal and external communities to support developer areas around Identity and Security application experiences.
- This is your chance to join our exciting and diverse group to help the breadth of our Developer and Independent Software Vendor’s (ISVs), while strengthening the security posture of their applications within our customers. Along with the expertise & customer experience of ACE, we plan to deliver the same ACE experience to ISV customers, as we do to Microsoft’s S500 customers.
- Developers and ISV Partners play a critical role in helping to drive usage of our services. ISVs are at the center of enabling key customer scenarios building solutions ranging from enterprise scale applications and services to niche departmental business process apps. Assuring Partners have the technical skills and Identity developer platform necessary to build and sustain a vibrant Identity business is extremely important to our shared success. Assuring our Partners needs are evangelized throughout our engineering organization as part of the engineering lifecycle is critical to our long-term business growth and sustainability.
- Our cloud technologies are evolving at a rapid pace, and we are looking for active learners who can collaborate across a diverse and global team of stakeholders and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Directly engage and support top Identity ISVs/customers to resolve technically complex and critical issues
- Manage technical relationships between our Azure AD engineering team and key strategic ISVs
- Drive any co-engineering initiatives between Azure AD and third-party cloud solutions sold by these ISVs.
- Remove developer, technical roadblocks and discuss product roadmaps with the ISVs’ engineering teams; channel relevant product feedback to the feature teams to help with prioritization.
- Champion and advocate for your customers in representing their needs as you develop ways to resolve their issues.
- Represent the App and Dev Ecosystem team in engineering initiatives and feature previews to drive key business outcomes and bring feedback from the breadth of our audiences.
- Be the advocate in engineering for our developer audiences – Participate in developer communities and engage in events to drive feedback sessions and build customer insights based on segment, verticals, and regions.
- Evangelize SAML to OpenID Connect transition and drive deeper provisioning integration when appropriate.
- Drive Microsoft Authentication Library (MSAL) adoption & Microsoft Graph API within the ISV ecosystem.
- Track and improve Partner satisfaction with our platform, and regular report outs on impact and opportunities.
- Own the response to ISV requests in an environment via phone, email or web, representing Microsoft and the Identity Engineering team.
- Support the evolution of SCIM (Security, compliance, Identity & Management) Developer and App platform.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- 6+ years’ experience directly engaging and managing developer, ISV customer relationships
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to look beyond the problem and contribute to design improvements
- Ability to ramp to L300+ on Identity platform technology specifically developer guidance, offerings.
- Direct experience working with Microsoft Partners/ISVs is highly desired.
- Solid collaboration, communication, presentation, and cross-teaming skills.
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment where new challenges exist around every corner.
- Ability to take on complex systems and processes and drive simplification and improvements.
- Self-starter, who can deal with ambiguity, maintains focus, drives to clarity and provides innovative solutions.
- Hands-on work experience in the computer software industry including two years of technical experience in security, cloud, and/or identity solutions.
- Comfortable handling ISV developer audience, presentations, write code samples etc
- Desire and eagerness to help customers successfully deploy our technologies.
- Strong collaboration, communication, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Ability to take on and streamline complex orchestrations and deal with ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Multiple Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies and/or Security is desired.