Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Administration jobs, Secretarial jobs, Government jobs, NEMA Jobs, Office Assistant Jobs, Technical Advisor Jobs, Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs, Driver Jobs,
- Receive Visitors to the Project Coordination Unit (PCU)
- Provide secretarial services to the PCU
- Keep project records properly in safe custody for easy access
- Take minutes and prepare them during project related meetings
- Answer to incoming phone calls to the PCU.
- Ensure project office (s) are kept clean and tidy.
- Undertake any other official duty assigned by the project coordinator.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, mean grade C- or its equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- C- (minus) in English and Mathematics.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications.
- Two years relevant experience.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist ( M & E (Specialist) )
a. In collaboration with the Project Coordinator & the project team, the officer will design,implement and analyze quarterly and annual monitoring system/data, based on the Government of Kenya, World Bank and GEF requirements.
Coordinate & mange dashboard and dvise the project coordinating unit about the key changes observed on a regular basis.
b. Collaborate with Project team to implement & maintain monitoring and evaluation sytems project
c. Implement & analyze periodic data based on field observation & need
d. Train & mentor staff to help them develop necessary knowledge & skill sets to run methodologically strong evaluations in their project components & ensure adherence to M&E standard practices,policies & specifications
e. Synthesize & analyze data & write M&E reports by program based on the M&E results as provided in the project implementation manual.
f. Identify key issues around project quality & links between monitoring & evaluation & quality assirance & improvement.
g. Work with Project Coordinating Unit team to codify best practices that they can be shared across regional program countries.
h. Innovate new M&E systems in order to continuously improve project implementation.
i. Travel to project sites to oversee the implementation of M&E work, train staff and maintain understanding of current stage of development of project M&E & identify where & how M&E practice requires improvement & investment
j. Stay informed about reesearch & trends in the area of monitoring & evaluation & recommend improvements to project systems accordingly.
1. Bachelors degree in Monitoring and Evaluation
2. Communication skills proficiency
3. Demonstrated competence in work performance: and
4. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution
5.Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Monitoring and Evaluationand Project Management will be an added advantage
6. Proficiency in computer applications
7. Proven competency in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
8. Report writing skills
9. Skilled in data management system
10. Strong analytical skills
11. Team Player
12.At least Seven (7) years relevant working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
Technical Advisor ( TA )
Reporting to the Project Coordinator duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
a) Providing technical project support and advisory to the Project Coordinating Unit covering but not limited to data mobilization,contribution in designing consultancies TORs and review consultancy reports & development of project technical reports
b) Performing technical needs assessment and recommendingf options and solutions; designing workflows & providing technical advise on database development, reporting & drafting of operational procedures for the project
c) Advising on data collection, retention & records preservation
d) Supporting the project coordinating unit with designing & production of policy briefs related to e-waste
e) Contributing to capacity building in project coordinating unit, NEMA staff & relevant stakeholders on matters e-waste management
f) Travel on project assignments authorized by project coordinator to provide project technical backstopping
g) Undertake any other official assignment assigned by the Project Coordinator
1. Bachelors degree in any of the following fields; Environmental Sciences, Natural Resource Management or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution
2. Masters degree in any of the following fields: Environmental Sciences, Natural Resource Management or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
3. Other qualifications in any of the following discipline: Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Management, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Natural science, Project Management or any other relevant field
4. Proficiency in Computer Applications
5. Proven Competence in planning and coordination
6. Proven competence in writing policy papers
7. At least Ten (10) years relevant experience in the field of Environment especially e-waste, experience as a technical advisor for donor funded projects will be an added advantage
8. Communication skills proficiency
9. Demonstrated competence in work performance
10. Experience on Negotiation skills
11. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
i. Serve as the official driver of the project vehicle
ii. Ensure the project vehicle is mechanically in sound condition before embarking on any journey;
iii. Serve to deliver project documents and materials upon assignment from the Project Coordination Unit (PCU);
iv. Transport the project officials to destinations on project assignments;
v. Ensure proper maintenance and records of the project work ticket;
vi. Ensure the project vehicle is clean always;
vii. Undertake any other official duty as may be assigned by the project coordinator;
1. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
2. Kenya Government Occupational Trade test III
3. Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers from the Ministry responsible for roads and driving function
4. Valid driving license free from any current endorsements
5. Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from a recognized Institution
6. At least five (5) years active driving experience.
7. Adequate knowledge of the Highway Code
8. Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
9. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Closing Date: 28/12/2021