Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
human rights jobs, international development jobs, program leadership jobs,
Senior Business Development Coordinator
Accountabilities and Main work activities
Support in the development of opportunities such as proposals, concepts to donors (including institutional, corporate, multilateral, and, foundations, etc.). (40%)
- Prepare and develop concept notes and other proposal write ups including proposals;
- Monitor, document and highlight new business development to ensure that Plan Kenya is abreast of new opportunities in line with Plan Kenya’s strategic focus;
- Support the effective tracking of opportunities on Plan Kenya corporate business development pipeline tracking tool on Plan’s Grant Management Tracking portal whilst ensuring accurate information on databases
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Representation, Partnerships Engagement and Networking (10%)
- Lead in strategic repositioning and build strategic partnerships for new resource mobilization and program development
- Build a network of professional business contacts within Plan’s industry including negotiating partnership teaming arrangements, related budgets and other institutional arrangements with partners;
- As delegated and under the direction of the Head of Business Development and Partnerships, represent Plan Kenya to donors and partners in line with the an agreed upon Country office response plan;
- Attend forums and meetings (including Skype calls) with/or on behalf of the Head of Business Development and Partnerships to represent Plan that will advance its interests to improve its resource base;
- Support to mobilize and setup network meetings between Plan Kenya, its partners, donors and other interested parties.
Project start-up and Contracting (10%)
- Develop Fund Agreement Documents and monitor to ensure contracting is finalized between National Offices (NOs) and Plan Kenya;
- Act as a liaison between Grants Department and Business Development Department to ensure there is a harmonized coordination between the departments especially during proposal development (including developing proposal budgets), contracting and hand over of contracted projects to the Program leadership and project staff;
- As part of hand over processes, support in setting up new project start up workshops with the program team and designated project staff and other Plan International key staff.
Support a high performing team and ensure all relevant departments have the necessary knowledge and skills to acquire and implement sustainable grant funding (30%)
- Identify staff training needs and Work together with the Head of Business Development to identify and coach Plan Kenya staff on grants acquisition to ensure there is a steady pool of staff to support the department in its fundraising efforts.
- Participate in regular team meetings and contribute to the overall smooth operation of the department.
- Support in the development of training materials for staff on Business Development and mentor staff in proposal development as needed;
- Take an active role to develop and keep up to date on trends, issues, and solutions pertaining to Plan’s Areas of Distinctiveness
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) (5%)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures;
- Leads the orientation of programme staff to ensure that they are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team;
- Ensures that Plan Kenya contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Other duties (5%)
Any other assignment within the scope of work.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent practical experience, in interdisciplinary areas within human rights, international development and program leadership;
- 5 years of demonstrable and relevant experience in managing multilateral and bilateral donor funded grants/contracts and other fund sources;
- Experience in private sector engagement will be an added advantage;
- Proven experience in proposal writing, concept development, and business cases;
- Understanding of multiple donor policies and procedures particularly ECHO, OFDA, Global Affairs Canada, SIDA, DFID, USAID, EC and UN Agencies;
- Proven ability to develop, drive and support end to end business development processes;
- Proven results-based client/donor relationship management;
- Good understanding of gender equality programs and meaningful child participation;
- Knowledge of development challenges and contexts in Kenya, in particular in child rights, girl’s rights and child protection;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and supportively without the need for close supervision;
- Proficient computer skills and use of relevant desktop applications and internal systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Partnership building and ability to build and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleague, donor contacts and peer organizations
- Analytical and conceptual skills
- Good Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Results orientated
- Good coordination skills and ability to multi-task with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities;
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Good understanding of budgeting as part of bid development;
- Ability to effectively work with others and with minimum supervision
- Working knowledge and understanding of donor priorities and regulations
- Good working experience in one of Plan International’s thematic areas or a support function.
- Supports learning in diverse teams
- Acts with high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Relates to people in a friendly, open manner and engenders trust from other staff
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
- Promotes innovation and learning
- Ability to act as part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to travel within Kenya and on occasion, out of the country as may be required
- Able to view even distressing situations objectively by leaving personal attitudes and judgmental responses to one side;
- Promotes equality, including gender equality, inclusion and empowerment of young women in Plan’s work and in its work with partners;
- Apply participatory influencing methodologies both internally and externally
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships;
- Uses creativity to challenge the norm and promote innovation and thinks and acts for the wider organization – linking partnership opportunities with the context of the wider organizational strategy;
- Communicates effectively at a high level and with a range of appropriate styles for different audiences;
- Builds capability through knowledge sharing, networking, mentoring, coaching and advocates the importance of knowledge management.