Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Healthcare jobs, Pharmaceutical jobs, Clinical jobs,
Responsible for providing leadership and management oversight of the pharmacy services department and ensure delivery of quality and efficient pharmacy services in line with the established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives and the licensing board guidelines and policies.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Ensure compliance with professional and legal practice and standard operating procedures
- Fill prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients
- Attend ward rounds and participate in multidisciplinary patient care.
- Conduct drug utilization reviews
- To serve as an active member and to give professional advice to the Antibiotic Stewardship, Medicines and Therapeutic, Infection Control, and other Advisory Committees
- Undertaking clinical checks on all treatment sheets and prescriptions for suitability of treatment.
- Monitor drug therapy and carry out clinical pharmacy interventions for both in patients and outpatients in liaison with the patient care team.
- Reporting, Monitoring and analysis of medication errors, adverse drug reactions and other quality and patient safety indicators.
- Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in line with requirements.
- Carry out medication use counselling and adherence monitoring for patients on chronic treatment.
- Ensure institutional compliance with antibiotic stewardship guidelines restrictions
- Undertake medication reconciliation during patient admission and discharge.
- Participate and supervise staff in sterile compounding, chemotherapy reconstitution and extemporaneous preparations.
- Provide information and education on drugs and medication therapy to patients, healthcare workers and other hospital personnel.
- Conduct continuous professional development sessions for pharmacy staff.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Valid membership and hold a practicing license with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya.
- Possesses a valid practicing license from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya, which must be available for use by the hospital if needed.
- MBA is an added advantage
- A minimum of two (2) years clinical pharmaceutical experience in a busy hospital.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOURS
- Knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, and pharmaceutics
- Stock management skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Superior Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Decision making and judgement skills
- Analytical skills
- Good Leadership skills.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the position being applied, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to email@example.com. The application should be received not later than 5.00pm on 31st July 2022.