Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Veterinary Medicine jobs, Research jobs, Government jobs, ILRI jobs,
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Veterinary Assistant to Assist the Institutional Veterinarian to provide quality professional veterinary services to ILRI’s clinical research facilities timeously, efficiently and maintain the wellbeing of the total animal population.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Veterinary therapy, care and surgery of all animals, in and out of studies, according to professional standards
Provide instruction, implement and follow practises, including quarantine and/or isolation, to prevent the onset of animal diseases and/or control the escalation of animal diseases following internal and professional standards
Conduct relevant observations, clinical examinations, analysis, procedures, surgery and post-mortemAssist in the management, handling and storage of scheduled/unscheduled drugs in an efficient, safe and environmentally sustainable manner which is in accordance with the prescribed procedures and instructions
Maintain and update veterinary records and knowledge on current treatments and drugs to ensure proper treatment of diseases and minimise development of drug or dosage resistance
Activities involving the humane termination of animals and handling of animals found dead or moribund and providing instruction regarding handling and disposal of carcassesInteract with and handle animals by following set instructions and procedures to ensure content, well- adjusted and cared for animals
Assist in the management of ILRI’s breeding animal colony (i.e. cattle, rabbits, tsetse flies)Ensure accurate data management of the animal breeding colonyAssist in the provision of animals required for clinical research studies according to ILRI’s procedures and standards to ensure that healthy and well-adjusted animals are enrolled in studies
Research facilities operations:
Assist in the use and verification of relevant equipment by following set instructions and procedures in order to correctly use and verify equipment for tasks allocatedAssist the institutional vet in the maintenance of ILRI’s animal research facilities
Assist in the supervision and organization of casuals assigned to the Animal Care & Use and Research facilities operations
- Conduct relevant study activities including observations, clinical examinations, analysis and procedures according to internal and professional standards
- Record and handle raw data by following set instructions and procedures to ensure accurate and consistent information for departmental and study use
- Observe workplace rules at all times and report non-conformances to the relevant person as to ensure that all activities in the workplace are compliant with company rules, policies and procedures
- Observe the correct reporting, remedial and corrective actions required by following set instructions and procedures to report and correct any non-conformance issues
- Adherence to specified internal and external compliance and legislative standards, requirements and practices
- Observe and maintain constant biosecurity measures according to the procedures of the study and work place
- Relevant and additional identified duties required as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary MedicineMinimum of 2 years’ experience in relevant field
- Be a registered with KVB/KVAExperience working in a research set up is an added advantage.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in EnglishPost location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 12. The position is 3 years contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances.