Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
UN jobs, NGO jobas, Business Administration jobs, Public Administration jobs, Finance jobs, Economics jobs, Project Management jobs,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Project Associate will be responsible for providing efficient and effective project implementation support for BES-Net. More specifically, in full compliance with UNDP POPP, rules and regulations, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
Budget planning and financial management:
- Provide support in the development of multi-year and annual work plans (AWPs) and assist in the formulation of budgets;
- Prepare project delivery status reports and reconcile financial data at regular intervals and assist in the revision of AWPs;
- Review and verify financial transactions, activities and documentation, taking corrective actions as needed and reporting any unusual activities;
- Prepare and present periodic financial reports and analyses as per the donor requirements and for other internal/external purposes;
- Ensure that internal expenditures control systems are maintained;
- Oversee that petty cash is managed and cleared.
Project implementation and coordination:
- Support the smooth transition of the BES-Net operations from ATLAS to Quantum in line with corporate processes and timelines;
- Oversee all day-to-day accounts, budgetary and financial management of the project;
- Lead the coordination with the responsible parties through the timely review of quarterly financial reports, disbursement of the management of advances;
- Assist in the process of projects’ audit assurance activities, verifications and evaluations;
- Assist in performing timely project closures;
- Provide proposals and support the implementation of cost-saving, reduction and business improvement strategies for the project in consultation with the HQ/UNDP Kenya operations.
Project administration support:
- Support constant monitoring and analysis of the operating environment and adjustments in execution modalities, management arrangement and implementation capacities;
- Contribute to the formulation, periodic revisions and implementation of procurement/HR plans, ensuring that plans are updated in a timely manner in coordination with the relevant HQ and UNDP Kenya focal points;
- Support the organization and coordination of meetings/events and duty missions;
- Support the inventory and management of project assets, equipment, correspondence and files, including disposal, in coordination with the asset management focal points;
- Assist in addressing operational and protocol issues in close liaison with UNDP Kenya;
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Project Manager.
- The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Programme Specialist (BES-Net Project Manager), and in close coordination with the Administrative Associate. She/he is expected to communicate regularly with the relevant operations counterparts in UNDP Kenya and HQs, and support/offer guidance to the BES-Net team and their implementing partners on matters related to financial management, operations and Quantum to increase their effectiveness.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details,
- delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is a pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open-minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from
- mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others,
- forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
- Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Required skills and competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in project implementation support;
- Proven experience in project and financial monitoring;
- Experience in handling web-based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft/Quantum;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages;
- Certification in Administration or finance training such as ACCA will be an added advantage;
- Experience in accrual accounting, IPSAS, or IFRS is highly desirable;
- Experience in working with UNDP;
- UNDP Certification in Project Management, Procurement, HR, Accounting and Finance is an asset.
- Completed secondary education; or
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, finance, economics degree or a related field.
- Six (6) years of relevant experience (for those with secondary education) or three (3) years of relevant experience (with a bachelor’s degree), working in an operations function with specific experience in finance within the UN system.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills is required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.