Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
ICT jobs, UNICEF jobs, NGO jobs,
ICT Associate, G5
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Full time, Temporary
Purpose for the job:
The primary purpose of the intended ICT Associate is to strengthen ICT operational effectiveness in UNICEF Kenya Zone offices. The personnel will work with the ICT Support Services Unit in Nairobi and fill the gaps in the resource capacity to ensure required ICT support is sustained in UNICEF Kenya Zone offices in view of the increasing teleworking during Covid-19 period.
- A minimum Diploma/Advanced Diploma or higher in Information Technology
- At least 3 years work experience in ICT Support Services/Helpdesk within an environment of over 200 users in a team
- Professional Technical Certifications in Operating Systems, TCPIP Networking/Network Administration and ICT Support: Microsoft Windows Operating System, MS Office365/Microsoft 365®, ICT Security, ITIL certification will be added advantage.
- Working environment and proficiency in supporting collaboration tools (Zoom, MS TEAMS, Cloud workspace such as SharePoint, OneDrive etc.)
- Working experience with international organizations such as UN or multinational entities will be considerable advantage.
Key Roles of Temporary Appointment:
Reporting to ICT Officer (NOB), the ICT Assistants will undertake ICT support assignments listed below on daily basis:
- Provide first line ICT help desk support and resolve ICT end user problems. Independently resolve most ICT support problems reported to help desk.
- Provide second line support to resolve critical ICT problems by research/knowledgebase, collaboration with other team members or problem-solving techniques.
- Install, configure, and remove end user ICT equipment.
- Provide user orientation and training on ICT products and services.
- Provide ICT support to unicef conferences, meetings, events etc.
TA personnel may be assigned other ICT related tasks such as listed below
- Provide Support to Business Continuity activities at designated sites outside the UN complex.
- Undertake inspection of ICT equipment procured for UNICEF counterparts at warehouse or partner locations, installation and testing of the same
- Undertake duty travel outside of Nairobi duty station on need basis to provide ICT support to KCO Zone offices