UN jobs, Administration jobs, Human Resources jobs, NGO jobs,
Human Resources Assistant (6 Months)
- PROFESSIONALISM: Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Ability to perform a broad range of administrative/personnel actions, entitlements and benefits. Ability to identify issues, apply good judgement and formulate opinions/recommendation and conclusion. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental training and certification as ERP Human Resources (HR) Partner, is desirable.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Eastern Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
- Experience in the application of Rules and Regulations in an international/NGO operational environment is required.
- Experience in administering a broad range of personnel actions, entitlements and benefits using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is desirable.
- Experience of serving clients in the area of staff administration of entitlements and benefits in the UN Common system or similar organization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.