Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO jobs, Public Health jobs, World Vision jobs,
Resource Acquisition Specialist
To lead donor engagement, intelligent research on donor strategies, sectoral focus and forecasts, prepositioning for solicited and unsolicited opportunities and generate set annual grant income for World Vision Kenya. The incumbent shall contribute strategically to development of Grant Acquisition and Donor Retention Strategies for World Vision Kenya from the assigned Foundations, bilateral, and multilateral donors. As part of the WVK family, the position holder promotes World Vision’s Christian values through its work in teams and with people from various backgrounds.
Duties And Responsibilities
Growth of Grant Income as per RAM Business Process as a result strengthening GAM business process
- Lead engagement exercise with WVK identified donors as related to WVKs donor mapping and tiering guidelines.
- Identify donor priorities and intelligence on upcoming opportunities
- search for information that will facilitate positioning and establishment of partnership for opportunities
- Lead the proposal development process in partnership with NO teams, SO and external partners/ consortia as relevant
- Coordinated procedure for managing new opportunities including Grant start-ups
Donor attraction and retention
- Actively seek out strategic alliances with donors, NGOs, UN, governments, Support Offices, bilateral and multilateral agencies for purposes of coordination fund raising
- Pro-actively provide donor updates on existing grants and keep the donor relations on course to ensure repeat funding.
- Ensure good donor and World Vision International Support Office relations by meeting all contractual obligations and achieving high quality planning and implementation of RAM activities
Grants start-ups Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation and Knowledge Management
- Coordinate with Grant compliance Due diligence, pre-teaming, teaming process and sub-grant Agreement
- Lead the handing over process of awarded opportunities and support start-up processes of grants as relates to business process.
- Lead the process of after-action reviews after every submitted opportunity and document lessons learnt to improve our process
- Participate in donor grant monitoring trips as feasible
Capacity Building for staff on Grants Acquisition and Management
- Support identification of WVK staff capacity gaps at all levels (NO, Regional & County) in regard to grants acquisition and donor requirements.
- support the development & implementation of NO GAM capacity- building plans.
- Facilitate capacity building on proposal development, donor engagement, WVK Branding and monitoring & reporting based on donor requirements.
- Research, develop & implement new initiatives that make GAM function more effectively e.g. Sub granting
Qualification,Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Public Health OR Food nutrition and Dietetics (FOND), or relevant field from a recognized University. Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience, 3 of which must be in grant acquisition and donor engagement,
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in leading and coordinating teams
- Must have experience in designing and programming project in the sector WASH, Health, nutrition, Livelihoods
- Ample experience and expertise in partnering with government donors, multilateral donors and private sector
- Ability to work under tight schedules and with highly competing priorities and deliver quality results
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Writing and presentation skills
- Computer skills especially Microsoft
- Proposal Pro/ equivalent training will be added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in community development work, partnering and consortium management, staff capacity building,
- Ability to motivate multi-stakeholder teams and inspire teamwork and to manage donor expectations
- Experience in engaging with bilateral, multi-lateral donors and private donors;
- Significant experience in project management and grant compliance procedures.
- Demonstrated strong grant writing; ability to develop quality concept notes, proposals, logical frameworks and reports under tight deadlines
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only