How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even without a Degree or Masters
Free Event Register here
Managerial Jobs, Branch Manager Opening, Audit Manager Jobs,
Branch Manager, Malindi
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To drive and deliver exceptional retail business performance, through the provision of efficient business management, powerful leadership, team development and achievement of operational rigor excellence in branches with up to 50 staff members or branches with single customer categories.
• To drive implementation of business and service strategies to deliver Retail and Business Banking performance and growth targets in the branch. Provide powerful leadership in the branch to ensure the delivery of the business plans by establishing a high performance culture amongst the branch team. Achieve operational rigor excellence and maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict adherence to operations and compliance policies and guidelines
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Driving Business Performance
- Implement business strategies to deliver performance and growth as communicated by the Regional Manager.
- Drive branch performance against key performance standards as
- communicated and agreed with the Regional Manager in areas including:
- balance sheet growth,
- sales growth and income contribution,
- cost performance,
- credit management,
- employee satisfaction,
- customer experience,
- operational risk and control rigor management
- Provide clear direction to branch staff on the Retail and Business Banking business objectives, translating and prioritizing into business performance measures at branch level.
- Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local area, including client visits, and complete call reports for every customer visit and this should be filed for snap checks.
- Monitor daily branch sales performance ensuring sales and portfolio growth targets are achieved
- Understand the local business drivers and issues that have an impact on branch performance.
- Identify business improvement opportunities and make appropriate recommendations to the Regional Manager service initiatives, improvement for existing products and processes, opening or closure of branches
People Management and Development
- Develop and communicate an annual plan to optimize the resources (Financial, human and physical) as agreed with the Regional Manager.
- Prepare a resource and capacity plan for the branch to be incorporated in the annual plan for the Region.
- Build and develop a high performing team, through embedding performance management and coaching. Discuss and finalize performance management plans and ratings for the branch team.
- Maximize performance of the branch team members by identifying and developing their training needs, and ensure coaching or delivery of training takes place.
- Drive employee development and engagement within the branch teams that results in a high performance climate and culture
- Conduct effective performance management for direct reports
- Monitor and ensure that all Branch Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Share knowledge experience and best practice with branch team members.
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports, encouraging individual ownership and initiative and ensure they do the same for all their staff.
- Effective resource management/planning that reflects current and future business requirements, ensuring that the correct balance of numbers, skills and experience, by playing an active role in recruitment and exits of direct reports.
- Initiate HR processes for direct reports when required e.g. disciplinary process, leave management, learning and development, talent identification etc in consultation with HR
- Acts as escalation point for grievance cases within the branch
- Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Bank Kenya Plc Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Ensure the branch operates in a compliant manner and adheres to relevant company and regulatory requirements to achieve satisfactory grades in local & Group Audits
- Monitor branch operations and control performance to ensure that branch standards are met and where required review branch remediation action plans with the Regional Manager
- Report all incidents within the branch in line with the bank’s incident reporting procedures
- Sign off all budgeted branch expenses and seek Regional Manager approval as necessary.
- Signoff all dormant accounts and seek Regional Manager approval as necessary.
- Hold cost center for network related non-branch expenses such as disturbance allowances, transportation costs etc. responsible for managing costs within budgets for these items.
Customer Service Management
- Understand and articulate aggregated feedback at branch level to shape the customer proposition and product offering.
- Ensure high quality, knowledgeable service levels in branches to exceed customer expectations.
- Build a motivated, committed and focused Branch teams, consistently delivering creative, precise and customer-focused service
- Ensure branch service excellence through continuous monitoring of service scores and discuss and agree resolution plans with Regional Manager.
- Ensure all customer contact points in the branch, including equipment (PC’s, printers, notes counters, ATM’s, etc.) are of the highest service standard. ATM uptime has to be kept within 95% and any issues raised to the Channel Manager at head office.
- Leadership, people management, coaching and team building skills
- Strong communication and Presentation
- Excellent relationship building skills – both with internal stakeholders and clients
- Good networking skills, both for internal and external network
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with decision making ability
- Business Acumen/Business Awareness
- Credit appraisal skills
- Credit Risk Management
- Driving Customer Experience
- Operational Risk Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- External market awareness
- Commercial Effectiveness
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Performance Management
- Resource Management and planning.
- Cultural and Change Management
- PC skills
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or relevant experience to compensate, post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years Banking / Financial Services experience out of which at least 3 years in branch management with good track record of performance
- Business understanding and management experience of Retail / Consumer and Business Segments
- Working knowledge of Branch Operations and Controls
- Demonstrable experience in Customer Service management including complaint management / resolution
- Hands on experience of sales management including leading Direct Sales teams
- People management experience of big teams
- In-depth knowledge of banking products, strategies and structures in Retail,
- Detailed working knowledge of operational and credit risk policies and procedures for both Retail and Business Banking segments
- Good working knowledge of people policies and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the banking industry practices and regulations
- Well informed on general economic, political and business environment.
- Up to date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local area
- In-depth understanding of core banking operating IT systems e.g. Flexicube
National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
- Absa Headquarters (KE)
- Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with usWith over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.Job SummaryThe core responsibility of an auditor within Absa is to execute audit assignments in accordance with the Group Audit Plan and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards.Job DescriptionAccountability: Audit Delivery and Issue Assurance
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the methodology, by attending training sessions and using knowledge gained during audits, use this proactively in executing audit activities.
- Deliver assigned responsibilities by the Audit Manager / Head of Audit work to a high quality and in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Assurance scorecard.
- Assist the Audit Manager with planning and execution of Design Effectiveness and Operating Effectives Testing, uniformly applying the methodology and quality standards, focusing the work on key risks, with minimum supervision from the audit manager
- Develop and maintain relationships with key audit contacts on each audit by attending continuous stakeholder meetings. In addition, engage closely with stakeholders during assignments and encourage open discussion and interaction with business on the risks associated in their environment
- Engage proactively with Internal Audit colleagues during assignments and request technical assistance where required. Technical assistance may be requested for the review of the risks and controls to be tested, audit working papers and audit report.
- Based on knowledge of business areas, provide guidance to other auditors and peers by sharing best practice so that their work meets and sometimes exceeds quality standards.
- Support the Audit manager in the identification of risks to be tested by participating in planning sessions.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Absa and the various business areas and use this knowledge to assess risks and controls through identifying, assessing and documenting risks and controls within these processes.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls and document all working papers in Synergy for review by the audit manager.
- Ensure all audit observations and planned actions are factually agreed with management as soon as they arise and increase the speed of report issuance. Provide suggestions to stakeholder management on how they can address the control issues identified.
- Document all working papers in line with methodology requirements. The working papers must be accurate, reflective of work performed and support conclusions drawn.
- Display professional scepticism, raising and discussing contentious observations with management and provide evidence to support all issues identified.
- On an ongoing basis throughout the audit, discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit observations with the Audit Manager and Head of Audit.
- Provide feedback to the Audit Manager and audit team with progress and observations raised during the audit by communicating honestly, frequently and effectively. Build and maintain good working relationships with fellow auditors.
- Participate fully and be supportive in all audits by providing assistance to the team where required. Be quick to learn and seek opportunities to share this knowledge with colleagues
- Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across selected business units from interaction with management and provide feedback to the Audit Manager.
- Assist in the induction of new joiners, mentoring less experienced team members.
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the Head of Audit – which may include managing Issue Assurance and production of team Management Information.
- Perform Issue Assurance testing and documenting of the working papers in accordance with the requirements of the Methodology.
- Support with the teams Data Analytics initiatives and have experience in performing data analyticsAccountability: Knowledge Management
- Improve technical knowledge through self-learning or training including mandatory Continuous Professional Education requirements.
- Share knowledge with AIA colleagues and peers in the business.
- Develop and enhance learning through seeking coaching, training and continual feedback
- Coach new joiners and trainees on how to apply the methodology. In addition, to proactively share knowledge of within the team, leading a session at a team meeting.
- Build knowledge of business and culture in business units for the Retail portfolio as assigned by the Audit Manager
- Knowledge of key regulations, including FIC, KYC and AML, Sanctions, for business areas / locations within remit Accountability: Reporting
- Prepare audit observations and make sure that they are concise, factually accurate and cover all of the significant issues. The observations must be insightful, address the root causes, and have agreed actions that fully mitigate the risk.
- Assist the Audit Manager where required, in the drafting of the audit report in line with methodology requirements and as per the requirements of the Balanced Scorecard.
- Proficient in report writing for governance reporting Accountability: Relationship management
- Develop and maintain relationships with accountable management on each audit
- Present effectively at stakeholder meetings and forums (e.g.: Risk and Governance forums) to share knowledge and information including methodology, standards, changes and new developments with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- EducationBachelor’s Degree: Auditing (Required)
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview