BIC jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs,
- MAIN PURPOSE: The role holder will ensure the company tax compliance & reporting by preparing timely tax returns and ensuring adequate controls to avoid tax exposures. They will also ensure that adequate preparations are made for annual statutory audit & other tax audits as required.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Preparation of monthly VAT, WHT and WVAT computations, returns and respective payment within statutory timelines.
- Reviewing defaulter notices in respect to the inconsistent VAT returns, adequately responding to KRA on the inconsistency notices and ensuring they are resolved within the timelines given.
- VAT refunds follow ups with the Kenya Revenue Authority including calls and meetings where necessary with the revenue authority.
- Supporting timely reconciliation of tax related GL accounts and collaborating with the Accounting Manager on identified exceptions on a monthly basis.
- Ensure vendor and customer tax related queries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely filling of quarterly self-assessments and annual returns.
- Application of company tax compliance certificate as and when it is required.
- Liaise with Accounting Manager on objection grounds for KRA assessment orders.
- To compile and present supporting information required by KRA and external tax auditors during tax audits.
- Liaise with Accounting Manager to ensure that annual tax computation and deferred tax is computed correctly.
- Assist the Accounting manager in formulating process improvement initiatives that will enhance proper tax planning in the company.
- Assist in ad hoc project management as and when required by the Accounting Manager.
- Ensuring that company internal control policies and procedures are being adhered to
Key Performance Indicators
- Accurate VAT, withholding VAT and withholding Tax returns.
- Timely payment of withholding Tax and withholding VAT to KRA.
- 100% reconciliation of VAT and GL Accounts
- Timely filling of self-assessments and annual returns
- Regular VAT refunds from KRA
- Ensuring all VAT inconsistency reports are fully addressed and solved.
- Providing all supporting documents required during tax audits.
- Ensuring there are no tax exposures that would lead to fines and penalties from KRA.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Experience
- 3-5 years relevant Taxation & compliance experience in a busy finance or audit environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any related business degree
- Full professional qualification in accounting e.g., CPA, ACCA or equivalent
- Computer Literacy – Experience in Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel Advanced and PowerPoint)
- Compliance: Meets accounting financial standards by monitoring expenditures, identifying variances, implementing corrective actions.
- Time Management: Effective time management, work efficiently in a demanding, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Attitude: Must demonstrate initiative, must be able to maintain a positive working relationship when addressing problems and providing solutions, ability to communicate effectively with both external (customers and vendors) and internal customers (finance, sales, manufacturing, human resources, customer service, marketing and supply chain).
- Key Strengths: Must possess a proactive work ethic, including the ability and desire to take ownership of process improvement and other projects when identified, effective problem solver, extremely detailed oriented, ability to work both independently and in a team environment, strong interpersonal skills, effective in motivating to achieve top performance.