Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Sales & Marketing jobs, Retail jobs, Business Development jobs,
Area Coordinator – Othaya
About the job
The Area Coordinator will be responsible for achieving set targets for the area that include both sales and client repayment behavior. Additionally, the is entrusted with fostering a culture of ownership – where we own up to our failures and mistakes and learn from them, and transparency – where we speak out when stuck and reach out for help.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
The hire will be responsible for 7-8 field staff whose primary role is building relationships with clients and fulfilling duties that involve being a sales agent and loan officer. The hire will be reporting to the Regional Coordinator.
This is an opportunity to be part of a growing start-up with big ambitions and a dedicated team but it also means that it’s a rapidly changing environment, requiring you to be responsive and adaptable.
Key activities and deliverables of the role will be to:
- Leadership & People Management
- Coach and support a team of group coordinators (role comprising of being a sales agent and loan officer) ensuring they reach their targets in their assigned territories, timely and accurate data collection and reporting as well as other administrative duties;
- Continually evaluate the team, conduct performance reviews and develop internal training to strengthen knowledge and skills;
- Recruit and train group coordinators under the current curriculum in the area of your operation as and when required.
- Client Relationship Management
- Analyse company customer relations and how to improve service for current and new customers, as for us our customers are at the heart of our business;
- Travel frequently to the field to monitor activities and engage with customers.
- Operations and Administration
- Evaluate existing company processes and procedures and recommend improvements;
- Run the area office, including all administrative duties such as stock reconciliations, record keeping and reporting, overseeing staff expenses etc.
Our culture – We are the right organization for you if:
- You believe in the potential of rural communities to improve their family’s lives and are eager to ensure everyone has an equal part in Kenya’s development. We put the client at the centre of all our decisions and actions.
- You enjoy the thrill of start-up life, where we fail and learn from it, where things change fast, and every day brings new challenges. We are a small team working tirelessly to achieve something that has not been done before!
- You are excited about working in a multicultural environment, where we have open communication channels, are transparent about challenges and mistakes, learn from each other and respect and leverage our diversity to make the business work.
- You want your ideas to be heard and participate in business strategy: Our team is collaborative and supportive. We listen to insights from the field, because we know that otherwise, we can’t succeed.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum four (4) years’ work experience cumulatively – with at least two (2) years experience of managing a team of employees (not just casual workers); in addition to two (2) years’ work experience as a loan officer or field officer working directly with clients in rural areas;
- You are a team player who leads by example and is excellent at listening and building trust and long-lasting relationships with clients and within teams;
- You value ownership and freedom in exchange for accountability and responsibility;
- You are self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets;
- You uphold high levels of ethics and integrity;
- Degree in Business Studies, Rural Development or equivalent; Sales experience an advantage but not a must;
- Knowledge of local dialects a strong advantage.
Remuneration & Application Process:
- Monthly remuneration Ksh. 50,000-70,000 after four months of working based on the sales and loan portfolio performance of your team.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please submit your application documents ( i.e. CV, application letter, and assignment responses) in PDF format.
This position is open to female candidates only.
NB: Bidhaa Sasa does not charge any fees for recruitment.