Customer Care jobs, Sales & Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs, British Council jobs,
Customer Service and Sales Officer
The overall objective of a Customer Services and Sales Officer is to ensure the smooth running of the British Council’s Exams and Customer Services operations in Kenya by delivering high-quality customer service and sales targets in line with corporate standards and policies.
The post holder will act as British Council’s ambassador to provide a seamless customer experience to all relevant stakeholders, handle enquiries about British Council Exams Services and meet agreed targets, objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Provide a consistent and positive customer experience in line with the British Council Customer Service Strategy and relevant corporate standards and policies.
- Handle first-level enquiries received in person, via email, social media or telephone on relevant aspects of the British Council’s activities/products, in a friendly and professional manner, in line with Customer Service standards, and forward all 2nd level enquiries to relevant colleagues, ensuring they are attended to within specified timelines.
- Be the single point of contact for assigned opportunities, guiding them through the journey from first enquiry to final sale.
- Be accountable for agreed individual income and conversion targets every month.
- Closely monitor and track conversion rates and achieve daily and monthly targets defined at the country level. Strive to improve conversion rates by keeping abreast of all changes to off, observing classes, sharing insight with business teams regarding reasons for the drop-off and handling objections effectively.
- Coordinate with other Exams team members on an ongoing basis to ensure a seamless customer journey. This includes timely escalation of unresolved complaints to the concerned teams.
- Support the delivery of examination services / products through leading on contact, registration and pay and post-test activities to defined quality standards, in order to meet customer needs and support the delivery of the in-country Examinations Business Development Plan
- Contribute directly to customer service indicators such as customer feedback, mystery shopping and customer effort assessment scores for the Exams centre.
- Any other administrative duties that may be assigned by Management which may include but are not limited to creating POs, counting cash, sending SMS and email communications to customers, processing bank transfers, etc.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Comprehensive, proven experience as a customer service and sales executive
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques.
- Fast learner and passion for ccustomer service and sales.
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Higher Diploma and/or equivalent professional experience
- Customer Service Professional Qualification
- Relevant qualification or training undertaken in Sales.
- Marketing and Communications experience.
- Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus.