Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs, Project Management jobs, Nursing jobs, Public Health jobs,
Project Officer – CORE Group Polio Project (CGPP) – Marsabit
- The Project Officer – CORE Group Polio Project (CGPP)) will be responsible for CRS scope of work for the Core Group Polio project. S/he will serve as the key technical link person for the project in Marsabit County and has the roles of managing relations between CRS and the MOH to ensure the CGPP activities are implemented in line with international and national standards. The PO will ensure that the implementation is done through and with GOK structures at county, sub-county and community levels. The PO will also ensure that MOH is provided with appropriate technical assistance, mentorship and support supervision to implement quality interventions as per the set guidelines.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist MOH in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting MOH in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with MOH to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of County and Sub-County MOH and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Maintain working relations with relevant government line ministries and private sector/research institutions to coordinate the adoption of new approaches in polio eradication.
- Strengthen the capacity of the MOH and other stakeholders to enhance opportunities for shared learning with partners.
- Build the capacity of the County and Sub-County MoH on planning, implementation, management and monitoring of the program.
- Stay abreast of new developments in Polio, Routine Immunization and Disease Surveillance and Social and Behaviour Change Communications and participate in relevant technical working groups and related forums.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with MOH, local partners and community members.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Good oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili
Travel Required: (50% travel to field sites)
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Health team Project lead,Program Manager-health, CGPP HOA Staff, as well as the CRS MEAL and finance teams
External: GoK (Marsabit County) staff on the Polio Project, polio project stakeholders including community members
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or related field. A Master’s Degree in these fields will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project support. Experience and practical skills in Polio Eradication Initiative, Immunization Program and Social mobilization
- 5 years’ progressive experience implementing health programs in NAL, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Have a good understanding of GOK Health Policy and Guidelines, good grasp of challenges working in insecure areas and with marginalized poor in Kenya.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).