Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs, Banking jobs,
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The jobholder is responsible ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. The position holder will also take ownership of reporting costs, productivity, margins and expenditures in the Sacco.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Accountant is responsible for planning, organizing and controlling the accounting function for an appropriate and accurate overall accounting system in the Sacco operations.
- Business degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized university.
- CPA II, ACCA or its equivalent.
- Diploma in Co-operative Management will be added advantage.
- Must have 2 years’ experience on Microsoft Navision system.
- At least 5 years’ experience with practical knowledge of a non-deposit taking Sacco’s operations, processes and procedures.
- Experience in the banking/Sacco industry is a definite advantage.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely final accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing financial statements as per the International Financial Reporting Standards meeting specifications as provided for under the Sacco Societies Act
- Ensuring that monthly trial balance and accounts are presented to the board through the CEO and advice the board on financial status of the society.
- Preparing budgets and cash flow projections in consultation with C.E.O.
- Ensuring timely and accurate monthly bank reconciliations on Sacco bank accounts, suspense accounts, and Mpesa pay bill accounts
- Ensuring that the regulatory reports / returns are properly compiled and sent as per the regulatory requirements e.g. SASRA, KRA, NSSF, NHIF e.t.c.
- Monitoring and timely replenishing / repatriating petty cash.
- Recommending investment of surplus members’ funds in consultation with the CEO
- Preparing liquidity assessment for the Society
- Chairing the Tender and Procurement committee
- Ensuring transparency, accountability and effective use of Sacco’s financial resources and assets.
- Assisting in development and implementation of Sacco policies, rules, and procedures in liaison with the CEO and the board.
- Assisting in development / reviewing of Sacco products and services
- Ensuring timely payment / renewal of all relevant Sacco licenses; SASRA, County etc
- Ensuring all requisite insurance covers are in place and premium payments done timely
- Marketing and cross selling the Sacco products and services
- Preparation and presentation of annual revenue and capital budgets.
- Managing Sacco’s financial accounting and monitoring systems.
- Liaising with internal /External Auditors on audit Controls and act on management letters.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Management of staff payrolls and check off posting.
- Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and request for payments, and ensuring completeness of documentations.
- Daily posting of financial transaction and loans into the Sacco’s financial system.
- Updating member’s records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicating to members on the status of their accounts.
- Preparation of payments &Processing of cheques, RTGS/EFT’s.
- Follow up with employers to ensure that cheques and payments have been remitted on time.
- Developing Financial management Mechanisms.
- Perform any other lawful duties that may be assigned by the CEO from time to time.