Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO jobs, Business Development jobs, Political Science jobs, International Development jobs, Economics jobs,
Regional Business Development Coordinator
Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for supporting the EAGL Regional Head of Programme and Executive Director by leading business development processes at regional level, including partnership engagement, strategic programmatic development, and proposal development. S/he is tasked with anchoring business development in the region to strengthen existing and identify new partnerships and opportunities at regional and country level, and accountable to country programmes for technical support and expert advice around engagement and proposal development.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- Develop, coordinate, and lead regional processes for business development and strategic programme development including portfolio analyses.
- Support donor engagement and the development and maintenance of strategic partnerships in the region.
- Provide business development support to country programmes within the region upon request.
- Coordinate with relevant global functions to ensure regional efforts are in line with organisational
- Contextualise global fundraising and engagement strategies for the region and develop regional donor engagement plans to foster and maintain constructive, long-term relationships with strategic regional donors and partners.
- Lead regional donor mapping and analysis exercises to identify strategic donors (including institutional, private sector, foundations, and non-traditional donors) and areas of programmatic priority overlap and alignment.
- Support donor and partner engagement efforts of the Regional Head of Programme and Executive Director through preparation, intelligence, follow up, and general maintenance of strategic regional partnerships.
- Maintain a comprehensive regional donor database to track donor engagements and coordinate donor outreach and communications throughout the region.
- Develop appeals, marketing materials, capacity statements, and other communications at regional level in close coordination with country programmes, regional leadership, and HQ PEF Division.
- Proactively monitor donor portals and track donor engagements to identify and disseminate new and strategic funding opportunities throughout the region.
- Provide expert advice to country programmes around engagement and fundraising strategies and support country programmes in the development of country engagement strategies, donor mapping exercises, and identification of funding opportunities.
Strategic programmatic Development
- Lead the development of new, strategic, or complex interventions and proposals (such as long-term consortia) at regional level, including external communication with donors or partners and internal coordination and process management with relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with regional programme and support teams to align and adapt strategic programmatic priorities and regional capacity with regional donor strategies and funding opportunities.
- Under the direction of the Regional Head of Programme, lead or support country programmes in the development of new, strategic, or complex interventions and proposals outside of the country programme capacity or resources.
- Lead the development of multi-country and regional proposals and projects, including convening relevant colleagues in the region and global leads and managing processes to deliver quality and timely submissions.
- Upon request and under the direction of the Regional Head of Programme, provide proposal development support to country programmes, including substitution support and expert advice around concept/programme design and narrative proposal development.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and Technical comptencies
- At least 5 years of experience at a senior level leading strategic new business development, strategic engagement, and fundraising efforts.
- Demonstrated experience leading the development of high-value and complex proposals to humanitarian or development donors.
- Experience engaging non-traditional donors and alternative funding mechanisms is a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with effectively engaging, coordinating, and maintaining networks with donors, partners, and local actors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of humanitarian and development programming in any of the EAGL countries.
- Degree in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field.
- Political and cultural sensitivity, patience, tact, diplomacy, persistence, and a team-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to travel across EAGL countries, sometimes on short notice.
- Full professionalin proficiency English
- Good working knowledge of French preferred.