Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Taxation jobs,Governance jobs,Project management jobs,Managerial jobs,
Group Head of Tax
Job accountabilities: What you will be responsible for.
1. Tax Compliance and Reporting: Support your team to work with the tax compliance, financial and reporting obligations of the markets. Collaborate with tax compliance teams and advisors to provide high quality, accurate, timely computation, payment and accounting for various taxes and application agreed global standard processes/governance framework. Support your team to execute specific tax related processes/activities following agreed global standard processes and governance framework and identify opportunities for standardisation and simplification. Support the EABL business with their tax reporting obligations including ETR management.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
2. External Relationships: Leadership and ownership of key relationships with all East African tax authorities in order to implement strategy and address tax audits/queries. Where necessary, this will involve liaison with the separate payroll teams. Own the relationship with external tax advisors and hold them to account for the delivery of timely, cost effective and value add tax advice.
3. Finance Business partnership: Develop and maintain a strong working relationship and keeping up to date with business priorities and developments, act as a trusted business advisor in order to challenge and support the markets in improving overall tax management. Advise, guide and educate market stakeholders on key tax issues to enable the business to adopt and adhere to relevant tax policies and standards, and mitigate tax risk.
4.Value Creation and Risk Management: Advise, guide and educate stakeholders on key tax issues to enable the business to adopt and adhere to relevant tax policies and standards, and mitigate tax risk.
Seek opportunities for standardisation and simplification. Thorough risk assessment of the East African entities’ tax positions and development of optimal strategy and communication of key issues to key stakeholders. Identify tax risks and opportunities and recommend actions. Active engagement in the management and monitoring of market tax risks.
5. Governance & Change: Support delivery of internal or external changes. Provide tax support to market-initiated projects e.g., innovation to ensure tax strategies and policies are adhered to and opportunities to deliver tax efficiencies are identified and fully evaluated.
6. Training/Capability building: Keep up to date with tax law changes and best practice and provide legislative update to tax compliance/reporting teams.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1st degree in business related studies
- Professional membership of relevant tax bodies (legal/chartered accountancy)
- Experience within a tax function in a global multinational or a tax advisory firm preferred
- Extensive experience of managing tax audits
- Broad understanding of key domestic and international tax issues
- At least 10 years post qualification experience of leadership within a tax function in a multinational (preferred) or a tax advisory firm
- Wide experience in taxation within East Africa, Africa and Global.
- Application of tax knowledge to commercial agenda
- Sound judgement regarding acceptable levels of tax risks
- Excellent technical tax skills across both direct and indirect taxes (particularly customs and excise)
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Excellent tax reporting and accounting skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Good team working and communication skills across diverse cultures
- Able to manage risk
- Able to embed compliance and ethics
Job Posting Start Date: 2022-01-04-08:00
Sustainability Water Program Manager
About the role
Our ambition is to create one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. To achieve that ambition, we need to make sure we are doing business the right way, from grain to glass. That means thinking about the long-term value we create and the risks and opportunities of our operating environment and business model. It also means ensuring we are proud of what we do at work, at home and in our communities.
Reporting directly to the Global Sustainability Director, the prime function of this role is to lead the Sustainability Programme for the 2030 sustainability goals for water and lead it according to internal compliance controls, standard methodologies, and statutory requirements.
You will be responsible globally across all of Diageo supply chain functions and marketing to support Diageo’s Global 2030 environmental sustainability ambition, by developing and delivering the pillar strategy and roadmaps.
Establishing a work plan with key partners in the different Supply Chain functions and market organisation structures that drives the transformation priorities and embeds the improvement programs at all levels.
Leading the research, development, pilot, and costing of engineering design solutions identified in the 2030 roadmaps for Coordinate with Sustainable Ventures, Innovation and Technical developments.
Drive engagement for the implementation of standard methodologies in the areas of environmental performance, standards, and capabilities. Promote and raise environmental awareness, at all levels of the impact of emerging environmental issues.
Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects in relation to site environmental targets and compliance.
To be successful in role you will have a track record for creating tools to support operations teams in water savings and have experience in measuring water usage in the wider supply chain. You’ll have experience leading and tracking global water programmes.
You will have proven negotiating and influencing abilities across all functions, budget holders, internal and external collaboration, at all levels, both in market and globally.
A proven track record in managing upwards and across, projects, and cross-functional team working.
Great engagement and communication skills, the experience of coaching and influencing a range of partners for success as well as excellent project management, program management, communication, and interpretation of complex data and trends.
You will have an excellent understanding of Diageo’s environmental capability framework for Environmental sustainability. Such as; Carbon & Energy, Water and Wastewater, Solid waste and resource use, Specific aspects to air, land, and water, and site biodiversity.
It is essential that you have experience in environmental capability framework for Sustainable agriculture, Packaging, Logistics, and customer, consumer brand sustainability.
It would be great if you have in-depth knowledge of manufacturing operations, supply chains in food & beverage with experience working across multiple countries/geographies/cultures.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Job Posting Start Date:2022-01-05-08:00