Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs,
Responsible to the Regional Manager and Head of Finance for effective planning and budgeting, as well as implementation and evaluation of an effective financial accountability system to ensure prudent management of the Society’s funds within the Region. Specific duties include enforcing stringent financial controls and ensuring monthly financial reports are used for better financial management. Other duties include developing and coordinating the annual budget cycle that provides justification for financial resources needed to accomplish strategic objectives. In addition, responsible for ensuring compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements as well as advising management on measures to be taken to improve financial performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the process of developing annual budgets for programmes/projects.
- Ensure the region meets all its financial commitments to the donors and is the contact person for the donors in all finance related matters.
- Support, develop and supervise the programme accounting staff to build their capacities and manage their performance.
- Regularly forecast cash flow based on the work plans by the regions, making sure that all parts of the region have enough cash to pay for their activities.
- Ensure that periodic financial reports are forwarded to management and donors within the stipulated deadlines.
- Provide technical leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of the annual budgets and plans aimed at operationalizing programmes and projects activities
- Compile and analyse accounting reports, records and other data to maintain expenditure controls and also determine the financial resources required to implement specific programmes
- Prepare accurate forecasts for all types of income and expenditures, including new and expanded support services and programs, salary proposals, collaborative policy development agreements, capital construction, equipment needs, supplies, transport and utilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or finance or CPA or equivalent qualifications
- Two (2) years’ experience in accounting and budgeting of financial resources including skills in computerized accounting systems.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: accounts@fhi36O.org using the position as subject of email.