Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO jobs, Communication jobs, Journalism jobs, International Relations jobs,Marketing jobs,
The communications Coordinator will be responsible for the successful design and implementation of FH Kenya Marketing & Communications Strategy. Serve as a technical back up for the field office program team in the areas of branding, visibility, public relations, internal communication, media engagement, events management and so on.
Key Result #1 – Marketing and VisibilityResponsible for design and implementation of the country Communication Strategy Framework in line with each program interventions across the country office close support from with the GSC and FH Kenya Leadership team.Under the guidance of the Country Director, assist program team in preparation of communication and visibility reportsClosely work with each program team on preparing and execution of marketing and visibility budgets.Ensure that FH and each donor’s rules and regulations on branding and marking are strictly adhered to and advise on areas of improvement.Actively engage with the program team in the production of audio-visual materials that can be used for the purposes of Marketing FH Kenya interventions.
Key Result #2 – Public RelationsRegularly updates FH Kenya website and social media pages to ensure that they are up to date and provide critical updates of the operations of the organization.Regularly follow up on trending issues on social and mainstream media and update the MARCOM Manager for further review and actions.
Key Result #3 – Digital Asset Creation and ManagementTake part in preparation of program/project success stories, pictures, and videos of activities in coordination with the relevant programs team.In consultation with relevant program teams, train the field staff on preparations of reports, success stories and other Audio-visual materials.Ensure the quality, consistency, timeliness, and professionalism of all communications materials across the organization.Spearhead internal and external communication efforts
Key Result #4 – RepresentationIn collaboration with relevant program team, take part in organization of public events; conferences, project launching workshops, etcServe as the Kenya focal point for communications matters and this includes close collaboration with the GSC communications unit and affiliates
Job Level Specifications
- Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
- Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom.
- Proven experience in developing or contributing to accountability frameworks, SOPs for feedback mechanisms/ systems;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language challenges. Tact and diplomacy are essential;
- Superior writing skills in English and Kiswahili, including report-writing and professional, personable communications to community members
- Proven graphic design skills and brand management experience.
- Either a good photographer/videographer
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time per year in the field.
- At least 5 years of related work experience, preferably with an international Non- Governmental Organization (NGO);
- Master’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, International Relations or related fields. or other relevant fields.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism.
- Demonstrated experience in public relations, communication or using basic advocacy tools.
- Demonstrated Experience in implementing communication strategies.
- Knowledge about core humanitarian standards.
- Computer friendly (Word, excel, power point, outlook etc).
- Demonstrated experience in use of audiovisual tools for marketing purposes.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English; ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org – latest by 15th May, 2023.
NB: While we value every person applying for this job, please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.